Video Game Market Analysis Thread

Let’s see if it can work with Starfield. That’s their greatest challenge.

What?

Based on the post, it was stated that Sony fans claimed the Atlus game for Switch was deemed as a flop, only to be false. I’m saying that their true challenge is Starfield, since they have been saying Bethesda being exclusive to Xbox will be disaster in sales. That’s what they claimed.

2 Likes

People really should learn the better a game sells, exclusive or not, then the chances are higher that 1. The game will come out on more platforms later 2. A complete, super, extra, whatever edition will come out on more platforms. 3. Even if those things can’t/don’t happen, similar but different games (clones) will be made that will come out. 4. If the game bombs, people get fired and chances are the game dies forever. There is no "ooops it must be the Switch users that don’t play these types of games tee hee, next time we’ll just increase the budget and release it on Playstation. Gomennasai Sony players we’ll never do it again :frowning: "

People really need to stop acting like some bitter jilted lover going on smear campaigns just because a game isn’t on their platform.

Linking this here since it is a dangerous topic in some threads.

It would be nice if Xbox updated its Bing maps to include the countries outside the US. This “here there be dragons - let them have scraps” is getting a bit old.

2 Likes

IDK where you come from, but I can assure you they are not, I can’t fathom seeing ads for everything PS or Nintendo and not a single one for Xbox since…? I don’t even remember when. Let’s not even start to talk about localization, lol.

Dev presence =/ market presence

Outside english speaking countries their are cheap, that’s the right definition, maybe now they are spending some dollar for Japan because over there they need to at least appear as interested because of heavy dev presence, but in continental EU? lol

I always thought the new consoles would have been pushed more, but no, I was dead wrong. They are selling better only because they are a better product and GP is a steal, imagine how much better they could go if they actually advertized their shit.

If I could talk to Phil it would be the first thing I’d ask, their localization/marketing efforts here are borderline non-existant.

1 Like

I’m in Sweden and well, Mojang is about as Xbox branded as you can imagine…

1 Like

I come from Italy and i can see a different perception about Xbox Brand. Also the main gaming sites (like everyeye.it - the most important in Italy) are changing their point of view speaking very well about XBOX. many of my Mates have subscribed Gamepass for console or PC. Yes, Xbox needs to improve its marketing but I personally see some changes.

I’m also come from Italy and tell me if you ever saw a tv ad or a simple billboard since X1 launch? I didn’t and I live in Milan, which is the HQ of MS south EU, lol. Localization is worse than 360 era, Forza was dubbed, it’s no more, even some Halo spin-off didn’t make the cut and in general, aside from mainline Halo and Gears, nothing is dubbed, which doesn’t help at all when you see a huge effort coming from Sony. Specialized websites, yeah, they talk more about Xbox, because, as I said, the product is objectively better than in the past, but also there you can see the difference of ads space and review codes. If I’m not wrong the italian Xbox staff are like 2-3 people, the MS chief of marketing didn’t even know Xbox was launching a new console in fall 2020, they interviewed her on a famous tech website, lol, imagine the ugly figure and that’s the sum of MS consideration of Xbox outside NA. People like it more because of word of mouth, that’s my issue, MS is spending / putting a shit effort.

Ciao, sono Giacomo, piacere. In Rome, i seen a massive marketing for Gamepass in underground

1 Like

Alessandro. :wink:

This news does surprise me, I saw shit in Milan, underground included, only PS5 ads EVERYWHERE, lol. Anyway their effort is really cheap compared to Sony, I’ve never seen anymore an Italian ad for Xbox on tv since Ryse I think, or maybe Sunset Overdrive. They cut the budget and never looked back.

I really believe that Startfield Will define the new marketing strategy for Xbox. I suppose more TV spots also.

I thought the same for Halo Infinite, lol. Starfield is Bethesda, don’t forget about it, I doubt they’ll do a minimal marketing campaign to fall in line with Xbox standards, I hope not at least. Maybe Bethesda can teach them marketing and localization is important, Bethesda games are always very well marketed here, not US only.

No, Bethesda has its marketing approach and It Will be enough to see “XBOX Esclusive” in every video or spot for Starfield. But i agree with you: Xbox needs to improve their marketing Strategy: Italy Is a traditional PS country.

1 Like

Yeah, but that won’t be Xbox improving, it will be Bethesda doing their shit and Xbox applying the trademark because they own it. At least is something. XD

The real proof will be the new big XGS games: Fable trilogy was dubbed, I’m really curious to see about the new one, it will be a direct parallel about localization efforts. Then the other games: HB2, Avowed, etc…those won’t be handled by Bethesda marketing (unfortunately).

Yes! Bethesda is much stronger here too. I hope their marketing department will take over the Xbox one in Europe.

2 Likes

What marketing department? You need one in the first place to replace it. XD

1 Like

Maybe because it’s a huge rpg with millions of overall dialogues? An XGS rpg would have had even less dub. XD

One is partially funded, supported and marketed by PlayStation. Guess which one :wink:

2 Likes

Really?

Deathloop has had significant marketing over here, by PlayStation, and that they support more localization and push their games harder outside the US than Xbox is not really a secret is it.

1 Like