Vaporware |OT| Where Games Don't Die, They're Just MIA

what-is-vaporware

Have you ever had a moment where you were so excited for a game that just slowly disappeared from existence? You know that feeling, Deep Down that you hope that very game is still being worked on and not heading for an eventual cancellation? Heck,

What is that game(s) for you?

Personally, mine is Digimon Survive. This game was announced back in July of 2018 for a 2019 release… then it was given another trailer and delayed to 2020… then delayed to 2021 with basically no information since. Hopefully it’ll show up at the Bandai Namco event/stream this year.

For a game I don’t really follow too much, but I’m excited to see more of is the infamous Beyond Good & Evil 2. How many damn times can a game get rebooted? I guess we’ll see!

1 Like

I was also excited for this. Seemed like a cool concept and the first digimon game to come to Xbox. Hopefully it turns back up.

1 Like

The Last Night

Doko Roko

Flamberge

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hydezeke/flamberge

2 Likes

I want a Naruto JRPG with third person action adventure

Hope this comes true!

You can even download this game if you want.

2 Likes

Dude, I forgot this game existed because of how it just disappeared. And I was even somewhat excited for it. I hope it makes a reappearance soon.

1 Like

Me remembering that “Phantom Dust” was never officially cancelled just moved to a different developer.

Gimme that shit now.

2 Likes

Technically, i don’t think Phil ever mentioned it officially moved developers, but they were looking.

God, what I wouldn’t give to see this come back!

Phantom dust is so incredible. It pains me that it’s seemingly dead now.

1 Like

So, the biggest victims of Vaporware that I can think of come in a couple of categories…

Where the hell are they?

• Babylon’s Fall AD
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2
  • CUPHEAD The DLC
  • Dead Island 2 (honestly, this should be dead at this point)
  • Digimon: Survive
  • Hollow Knight: Silksong
  • The Last Night
  • Pikmin 4
  • Skull & Bones
  • Wild

Not officially cancelled, but might as well be:

• Agent
  • Deep Down
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (Square Enix)
  • In the Valley of the Gods
  • Phantom Dust Remake
  • Tekken X Street Fighter

Cancelled shit shows that still break my heart:

• The Grinder
  • Guitar Hero: Guns N’ Roses
  • Hellraid (later thrown in as DLC for Dying Light)
  • Prey 2
  • Scalebound
  • Silent Hills
  • Star Wars 1313
  • Star Wars Battlefront III

I’m sure I’m missing several and left Half-Life 3 off for obvious reasons.

Some big updates on my previous list! I’ll probably come back and update this list with new titles that may qualify, but here are some updates!

Where the hell are they?

• Babylon’s Fall AD - Released and Being Closed Down Next Year

• Bayonetta 3 - Has a Release Date

• Beyond Good & Evil 2

• CUPHEAD The DLC - Released

• Dead Island 2 - Finally Given an Official Release Date and Been Shown

• Digimon: Survive - Released

• Hollow Knight: Silksong - Release Window of 2023, But Now Coming to All Main Platforms

• The Last Night

• Pikmin 4 - Finally Officially Announced, Coming in 2023

• Skull & Bones - Officially Releasing This Year

• Wild

Not officially cancelled, but might as well be:

• Agent
  • Deep Down
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (Square Enix) - After the Long Wait, Was Shown Off and Released in 2021
  • In the Valley of the Gods
  • Phantom Dust Remake
  • Tekken X Street Fighter
2 Likes

“Fortress,” the Western developed Final Fantasy XII sequel. It probably would have sucked, but I’d still rather live in a reality where it had a chance.

2943986-ashe_milestone_call outs

2945270-fortress_desert_02

1 Like

F*** Valve :frowning:

1 Like

It’s such a weird situation because man am I glad they made Half-Life Alyx, but damn I wanted this game too.:frowning:

Just putting it out there that the creator of this game has some sketchy views and that it most likely won’t be releasing on Xbox if it’s still in development.

This happened awhile ago but on Twitter the creator talked about how the game took place in a “society where feminism won/distopian future lead by radical feminism.” Shannon Loftis (back when she was still with Xbox) caught wind of this and invited him to “discuss” the game with her.

Sometime later the guy is on Twitter saying that his game would be delayed and that he’s looking for people to fund it. Im not sure what state the games currently in. It was something that happened years ago and the game lost my interest after hearing about the creator injecting his Gamergate-ish views into the game.

I think at some point it was supposed to be shown off at TGAs, but they also ditched it as well.

2 Likes

I’m not one for gate keeping peoples opinions but really if you are going to post something like this then you really should link people to something so that they can see the background for themselves.

As it’s more accurate to say he had some sketchy views and has since apologised for them

Whether you chose to believe it’s a real change is of course up to you but others should be given enough context to decide for themselves.

1 Like