TV Recommendations for Series S

Hello everyone,

For the first time in my life, I’d be getting a console this generation. So I’m trying to look for a TV that would be optimal for the next generation.

While there are plenty of recommendations for 4K TV, I couldn’t find a good review for 1440p TVs which is the resolution Series S is targeting.

So what kind of TV would you recommend/consider buying if you’re thinking of getting the Series S? Something that would make the best of Series S’s specs and supports 120fps gaming.

If you want 1440p you will have to look at monitors, unfortunately. In regards to reviews, I suggest you go on Digital Foundry and look at their reviews. They usually do one every couple of months and they obviously lean towards the gaming angle.

I would also like to add that although Microsoft say the Series S is targeting 1440p, I feel as the generation advances more games will be at 1080p than 1440p, so I would just get a 4K TV.

1 Like

Seriously, if the TV is just for use with the Series S go to Costco or Best Buy, and select the cheapest 240HZ monitor/TV that has a good picture - reviews are always subjective. Or just use an older 4K TV. If for more things outside of gaming, then just get a nice 4K TV that supports HDMI 2.1. OLED’s are great, but a little bit more expensive

1 Like

TCL 625 4K Mini LED QLED. It supports up to 1440p / 120fps.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55-class-6-series-mini-led-qled-4k-uhd-smart-roku-tv/6424672.p?skuId=6424672#tabbed-customerreviews

1 Like

Can anyone recommend a good 1440 p 120 FPS monitor for series S preferably 32 inches

1 Like