Toys4Bob is going independent

Nothing at Activision or Blizzard is shifting for 5+ years, it takes an incredibly long time to integrate and they already have it all planned.

I’m not a fan of it either, trust me.

5 Likes

CoD has been dominated by kids and teens since MW2

1 Like

Its always been like that.

Going back to World at War…

1 Like

Maybe even CoD4 but I feel MW2 was the moment where it was very obvious

1 Like

Nintendo has a monopoly on the casual “kids” IP… even then a huge amount of sales are for nostalgic adults.

4 Likes

Because they’re the ones who actually make damn incredible games in those genres, it helps that they have a very popular IP like Mario that sells like hot cakes too

2 Likes

Honestly outside of the campaigns no.

I just know I wouldn’t let my kids play it.

1 Like

Higgh chances of the studio closing or staying as a suport studio of COD. They took the best decision for the crativity of the team and will still work for MS so its a win:win scenario.

10 Likes

Yeah a real possibility that this was the best decision out of all the others that could’ve been taken.

1 Like

Oh I fully understand. Figured I’d make a joke out of pretending to not know platformers aka family friendly games don’t make much

very surprising move

who is the new owner? i want to know the thoughts behind this decision.

1 Like

No one, they have gone independent

I kinda wonder if Microsoft couldn’t take ownership separately from Activision currently because they still are being required to maintain ABK as a separate identity that they could divest if the ftc somehow convinced a judge. That may have played a role in willingness to say go be independent and publish with us but we can’t transfer you under MSFT studios currently.

1 Like

so its a coop company now?

1 Like

I wonder if those rumors about them working on other game while makin crash TR are true? Its seems they are teasing spyro but by the wording of that statement feels like the game will take more years to come? :thinking:

Stumbled upon this: https://x.com/senninsage/status/1763290295603466741?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Don’t know much of this user, but this couldn’t be any more true.

5 Likes

He has been molded, shaped by the console wars. They fuel him, control him, his every step is steeped in lists.

4 Likes

I see. Still, the thought of actual want them to close T4B over what’s happening is the most what moment since the whole Willy Wonka experience. Like come on, what do you want? World domination? Just say it, because our selfish clause has no bound.

It’s so obvious how this is gonna get tons of negative press, but you know what?

Who gives a fuck? I am tired of negativity overall to be honest.

So they will likely work together again, it would be nice if that means Game Pass deals. If not, I’ll buy if the game is good.

6 Likes

I see it as a possible Asobo style partnership. Like using Xbox’s IP but remain independent. Time will tell but this is WAY better than closure. They were the one that had those flags of likely closure if it were up to Microsoft. Somehow, they found a way.

1 Like