Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Extraction launches on September 16 for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S

Originally published at: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Extraction launches on September 16 for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S - XboxEra

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow SIx: Extraction is coming to Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S on September 16, Ubisoft has announced. The game was originally announced during E3 2019 under the name ‘Quarantine’, but earlier this year Ubisoft confirmed that it would be renamed due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.

With development being led by Ubisoft Montreal, Rainbow Six Extraction is a PvE co-op experience where you and up to two other players can form a squad composed of Rainbow Six Operators who have joined Ash, Mira, and Thermite to form the Rainbow Exogenous Analysis and Containment Team .

As the next mainline game in the Rainbow Six franchise, Extraction offers plenty of exciting new features while building on tactical gameplay elements introduced in Rainbow Six Siege. To confront and eventually contain a growing alien threat known as Archæans, your squad can choose from a roster of 18 Rainbow Six Operators, each with their own set of gadgets, weapons, and abilities. Try different combinations of Operators to open new strategies to approach the Archæan threat in each of Extraction’s 12 maps. Set across four regions in the United States, these maps feature procedurally generated challenges, a diverse set of enemies, and infestations with increasing difficulty the further you go in the map, to keep your REACT squad on its toes and test your teamwork.

Ubisoft has also unveiled a dedicated gameplay deep dive video detailing some of the features present in the game, which will support cross-play and cross-save across all platforms.

3 Likes

They said 1-3 player co-op so im hoping that I can play the game as a solo lone wolf. If so, this will be my game for September.

I was lucky enough to tech test this back in march and the game is a ton of fun the tech test was 3 player co-op and if i remember correct you could also run this solo great game jump in to again and again

It’s $60!

It’s cross-gen so no surprise. Avatar will be $70. And any other current generation only game Ubisoft releases.

Looks like we’re good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ray Tracing hype!

1 Like

Awesome!!! Extraction looks real good and looking forward to seeing more leading up to the release. :joy:

Oh shit!!! Completely missed that. Double joy!!! :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

I was personally hoping for something close to the Terrorist Hunt from Rainbow Six: Vegas, but I’ll take it.

I do love some co-op PVE “tactical” action.

(Ghost Recon Wildlands and Breakpoint are awesome co-op fun - fight me).

I’d love to see the series somehow return to the original Rainbow 6 / Rogue Spear where you have a squad and you select who goes with you and make a plan on a map prior to starting a level. But I’m sure that’s not going to happen. Not sure if that’s the same as what you’re describing or not.