Today is Viva Piñata's 15th Anniversary!

10 Likes

Incredible game. Arguably Rare’s best. At least Top 3

I still have faith they’re at least trying to bring it back

7 Likes

Best game Xbox has ever published. And in all of gaming, there is no dormant franchise that could have more upside if it returned today than this.

4 Likes

Well now i feel old.

I still dream about the possibilities of a sequel and thr cut content from thr forst 2 games

2 Likes

Good game. Let’s not get carried away saying rares best. Certainly the best game they’ve made with MS.

Shame they choose to not make these games anymore. Not just VP but banjo too.

That were really some very relaxing games. I hope the IP comes back. A game that would perfectly fit the Xbox rortation of games and Gamepass.

2 Likes

This IP has so much untapped potential. It could be Xbox’s Pokémon if Rare wanted.

Ok, maybe an hyperbole but you get the idea.

Both games were amazing. So much charm and sweetness !

2 Likes

Could it be a game primed for xCloud? If given a touch interface, of course. A game where you can check in for a couple minutes and hop out a few times a day?

I should probably just play it myself I suppose! Could I just start with Trouble in Paradise?

2 Likes

It is.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be angry if Rare decided to port the DS game to Xbox for it’s anniversary.

It’s better than what we’re getting now…

3 Likes

It is shocking to me that MS has decided deliberately and with malice aforethought decided not to celebrate this milestone with an annoucement of VP3 or VP remastered!!!

Truly disgusting :slight_smile:

I am more disgusted that I the Empress of Pinata, did not realise this… I am shamed by @FarSightXR-20 , forgive me.

Never have I been shocked, SHOCKED! by such a terrible statement :stuck_out_tongue:

Sanity restored :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Viva Pinata Anniversary Retrospective: Playtonic Look Back On The Rare Classic 15 Years Later

https://www.thegamer.com/viva-pinata-retrospective-interview/

@Cerysnetics should interest you

2 Likes

One of my all time favorites. I think if they treated it like Minecraft and released it on multiple platforms it would be a great success.

2 Likes

Great article, I forgot about the cartoon show. I watched it with my kids when they were small and we enjoyed it quite a bit. Microsoft should make the episodes available on the Xbox, can’t find them streaming anywhere.

I’ve got addicted to this game so many times over the past 15 years. I really wish MS would do more with viva pinata.