Thread about Brad Sams report on Halo Infinite

Ikr has to be daunting to make this really ambitious game on top of making a new engine plus covid I feel for the 343i team

2 Likes

I agree completely and I can admit that I was wrong for being very critical without hearing from the other side. I just want everyone working on the game to have it as easy, simple and streamlined as possible as they’re developing not only an extremely ambitious game but one that will be part of a franchise that represents Xbox and it’s history.

2 Likes

Yea on top of a new engine thats daunting in of itself

Just have to say, whatever the development problems, the gameplay demo looked to me like it played well. Everything else - graphics, mainly, but also maybe world detail/responsiveness - can be improved with the delay. But if the game had looked like a bad game it would have been a real disaster.

I’m glad 343 still have a chance to do something special in the face of probably the steepest requirements of any title in the industry. Really pulling for them.

P.s. also without attacking Brad, who generally does a good job, it should be noted that he often is sort of vague or not that knowledgeable when it comes to certain details outside his wheelhouse (MS devices and Windows). It’s sort of like when Paul on the same site starts talking about Huawei and China. I would put this type of reporting solidly in that category.

3 Likes

Agreed.

Regardless of which parts were true or not, I don’t think it’s a particularly elegant idea to throw devs under a bus for not working well when they’ve been WFH or with heavy restrictions and stress levels for half a year now thanks to a global pandemic.

2 Likes

Disagree 100%, stop shit talking man. We don’t know anything of why the game was delayed. Halo 5 was an 84 Metacritic (that’s higher than ghost of tsushima) and is still played online to this day. Wtf are you talking about. Go for a walk and cool off man.

1 Like

Some people have to vent or something. I can understand that. I have my worries about the game too, but I don’t push them everywhere I could. It’s not productive.

Sometimes, we have to lets things happen and judge from that. When you’re eating at a restaurant, you don’t go in the kitchen to see how the food is cooked. You judge from the plate in front of you. It’s not perfect, but it surely is healthier.

I fully understand people having anxiety or lack of distrust with 343’s handling of Halo. You don’t need to blind cheer-lead if your not feeling it. Once again, just drawing the line at calling for people’s jobs.

Needs to be reiterated that everyone who dictates the creative direction is already turned over from Halo 5. A delay is not uncommon in AAA development. The criticisms of 343’s Halo;s were from a creative and game design standpoint. They’ve had a reputation of being a technically strong studio. Most of the major criticisms of the July 23rd demo were technical. Keep that in mind if you’re looking for hope.

1 Like

Yea lot of people have left over the past few years

Playing Halo 5 on the X, the game looks really fking good. Amazing particle effects, skyboxes, some stunning art and set pieces.

I’m fine with the delay but they better have ray tracing at launch now.

2 Likes

Next year is a long time for gaming. There will be less and less people interested to play Halo Infinite on a launch Xbox One. We will see next gen graphics and people will want that. More so with a cheap Series S alternative.

If MS had said Halo Infinite is next gen only from the get go, no one would have said a word. We expected that.

Maybe it’s for the better. I don’t know. What I know is I want to play this game on a next-gen machine. Every fan of the franchise want that.

1 Like

How credible is sponger?

I don’t know but generally if there’s any truth to these rumors, someone who’s legit within the media would get hold of it soon. They all chase smoke to find fire. Until then, I wouldn’t run with it. People become Microsoft insiders because they know Microsoft employees. I know someone who’s said things coming from Microsoft employees and take it with a grain of salt. Only a handful of employees at Microsoft would be high level enough to be having talks consisting of 2022 launch windows or abandoning Xbox One if that were true. Those conversations would stay between Spencer, Bonnie and Booty. If that stuff was shared with the general employee population, it would be put in official media soon. That’s why I give all rumors some time to breath before having major reactions to them. Its fine to speculate but none of this makes sense logically at this point.

Could some 343 employees have low moral, be disgruntled, anxious and be speculative about their own company? Yeah sure. Welcome to corporate America.

…and this is how rumors become news. That’s awful reporting.

1 Like

It’s best not to further post anything related to this rumor unless it’s substantiated

1 Like

Yep it sure was quick

watch IGN run this rumor as a headline tomorrow like they did with the report of “show affected game development”.