This is the first in-gameplay trailer for the new Fable

Not that I had any doubts, but I think PG will nail this :slight_smile:

CPRDĀ“s Witcher is the setup I was hoping for Fable and I get it. This game couldnā€™t look like Legends letā€™s be serious

Thatā€™s the Forza engine, correct ? If so Microsoft should invest more into the engine.

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/bk5hnUs

1 Like

It was in game not in engine, the in engine trailer was compulsions game. Literally says at the beginning, this is what Fable looks like and itā€™s bloody good looking.

10 Likes

Thank god this is not the colorless and joyless Charles Dickens inspired Fable we got in III.

Playground got this!

9 Likes

So yeah, Iā€™m still not entirely sure whatā€™s going on but Iā€™m in.

in game, not in engine.

7 Likes

I expected it to beā€¦ less realistic? I mean when it comes to human designs and such.

I gotta wonder PG games didnt find an artstyle closer to the og and suited to exploit modern-day technical advancements.

1 Like

Looks incredible.

That bit in the woods also seems way more open, the other part seems more linear.

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait to encounter a giant Richard Ayoade.

7 Likes

Bummed they went for the realistic route with character design instead of commissioning Mike McCarthy (Fableā€™s original character designer) to go for a more caricature route for the visuals. Still, game looks great. Maybe Playground ARE the real deal.

3 Likes

Yeah, exactly that. Caricature, it works great for humor too. But hopefully they can nail that with this realistic look too.

The art style they went for is better.

2 Likes

Yeah they bit a bit more realistic than Iā€™d like but Iā€™m glad theyā€™re still going for the fantastical like Giants and such. Even if they donā€™t go with a character creator I do like the look of the MC.

I actually want even more photo realistic graphics from Playground cause i know they can do it. It still very good and miles above Fable Legends. Iā€™m so happy it donā€™t look the same like Fable Legends as some other people wanted it to lol.

1 Like

I think it was a nice mix between realistic and stylized, but I can understand people wanting it to look more cartoonish.

2 Likes

9 Likes

At 36 seconds when she throws a fireball, that bit visually is amazing and Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s ingame? If they get it looking like that during gameplay on Xbox, wow.

The whole trailer visually is just amazing really.

5 Likes

To each their own, but this is the style i wanted from Fable reboot. A more mature realistic look.