Thinking to switch from Firefox to Edge. Yes or no?

So, for a few weeks, I’ve been thinking of switching from Firefox to Edge. Anyone here did the same thing? How was the transition, did you regret it? I’m probably overthinking the whole thing, but I want to do it once and not look back.

3 Likes

Edge is my daily driver both on my work box and on my Mac.

4 Likes

What’s the impetus? I don’t have much experience with Edge outside of exploiting it for MS Rewards. I am a bit leery of Microsoft’s big push into AI though, especially since they just shitcanned their ethics team, and don’t know that I’d want to give them access to all my browsing history.

I guess I’m weird in that I use multiple browsers (even on the same PC). I like having Chrome open for certain things, but I also use Firefox for certain things (usually related to sites where ad block is essential).

I’ve been thinking of giving Edge another shot though, especially if using Bing no longer feels like a lesson in futility.

I’ll echo SpiderLink’s concerns though in that I’m not sure how comfortable I am giving Google and MS complete access to my browsing history.

1 Like

I’ve been tempted to give it a try lately. Be interesting to get people opinion on it.

Other than the casual set up (bookmarks, passwords etc) I’d enjoy trying it out.

Edge + Bing + Rewards is hard to beat. I used Firefox extensively before Edge but its resource usage and performance was always rather questionable.

3 Likes

I’m switching to Edge as well, but from Chrome… I feel more comfortable in the MS ecosystem anyway.

1 Like

I switched from chrome to edge about a year ago. It’s been awesome to me

I’m all in on Firefox personally.

I stopped using Firefox about a year ago

It just kept getting slower and slower with more errors, by the end it was literally taking 20 minutes just to start up/open the home screen

Moved to Edge and havn’t looked back

Yes. Do it.

1 Like

Same but more than a year.

Made the switch around the time they went to Chromium and loved it from the start. On Android, I vastly prefer Edge. On PC, it’s a bit of six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Oh, and my switch was from Chrome, not Firefox.