The Xbox Series X|S guide: every optimized game, future releases, Game Pass and more!

Ray tracing on Series S? That’d be awesome.

2 Likes

The beginning of the year’s drought is finally coming to an end: March is PACKED with games.

Free patches for Crash 4 and Samurai Shodown, new games from sport franchises like RBI Baseball and Tennis World Tour, the releases of Balan Wonderworld and It Takes Two, plus some indies and AA games!

They are targeting 1080p 60FPS with Ray Tracing for Series S :open_mouth:

https://twitter.com/MetroVideoGame/status/1361339230123876353

4 Likes

Control Ultimate Edition runs like crap on the Series X - clearly not optimized. It looks pretty, but crashes regularly. Got a refund, and am playing the original on GP which never crashes. Disappointing to say the least

1 Like

Hmm. May be a consideration for me to see about a refund until it’s sorted and on sale again. Thanks for the update

About time!

I finished Control ultimate and it crashed only once. Very ugly and boring game though. Low-res, jaggies galore, awful models (much worse than QB) and all in what is essentially a corridor game.

There is a new 2.10 GB patch for Control: UE. Might worth checking it out to see if it fixed crashes.

1 Like

Releases Update | February 18, 2021

The following Series X|S game was released today:

Anodyne 2: Return to Dust ($19.99)
Developer: Analgesic Productions
Publisher: Ratalaika Games
Genre: Action & Adventure
Size: TBD
Tags: 4K Ultra HD; 60 FPS; Smart Delivery
Release date: February 18, 2021

1 Like

2 Likes

These are two games aimed directly at me.

2 Likes

Yeah, im very much looking forward to Outriders and the free demo next weekend. I’m interested in Second Extinction but will most likely wait for the full release to see how the game is.

Pre-Orders Update | February 19, 2021

The following Series X|S game was made available for pre-order today:

Asdivine Cross ($19.99)
Developer: Exe-Create
Publisher: Kemco
Genre: Role Playing
Size: TBD
Tags: Smart Delivery
Release date: March 5, 2021

Looks like Tekken 7 will finally get a patch. A X|S patch in early spring, as seen in the last DLC teaser.

1 Like

Oh, is it? I haven’t seen the news! That would be great since it still runs at 720p on the Series X lol

No news at the moment, but the last video clearly mentionned Series X|S, so there must be something coming.

2 Likes

is it a free upgrade if you own the game?

Yeah…about that…I guess it’s standard to mentioned Series X|S for games that are available on the platforms now. It has been a trend apparently since the launch of the new consoles with trailers mentionning the new platforms without a proper patch for the games. So it may be nothing but marketing…sorry for the false hope.

It’s still possible there is a patch coming, but nothing for now. I’m bummed out. 720p on XSX, what a shame…

2 Likes

Bamco can go and fuck themselves with the abysmal version of Tekken 7 they have offered to the Xbox community. Apparently they don’t want to get more Xbox users involved in Tekken 7. We are talking about a UE4 engine game running at 720p on Xbox One X & Series X/S. Besides, game disconnects when trying to rematch if you are running it on the SSD (XSX) against a player on an older platform (X1 / X1X). It’s been like this for months, no patches, announces or willing to fix anything. Player base is low (PSX is the fighting gaming platform), and they are not interested on making it grow.

Mortal Kombat XI offers much more. Way better visuals, excelent performance, crossplay… Despite you like more or less the fighting mechanics, since its a simpler game.

1 Like