The Witcher 3's updated cover art reveals a new look for Geralt and DLCs inspired by the Netflix series

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2021/07/10/the-witcher-3s-updated-cover-art-reveals-a-new-look-for-geralt-and-dlcs-inspired-by-the-netflix-series/

WitcherCon happened earlier today, and while it was known it would be entirely focused on the Netflix series (Season 2 is coming out in December!), CD Projekt Red has treated us with a sneak peek at the updated cover art for the next-gen version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, coming out later this year.

The new cover has Geralt in the same pose as in the famous key art from the last generation’s version, but at the same time it gives us a glimpse of what could be the updated model for the protagonist.

CD Projekt Red also revealed that the next-gen version of the game will receive some free DLC inspired by the Netflix Series, although no further information was provided.

As a reminder, the Series X|S version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is scheduled to come out later this year with Smart Delivery support — so if you already own the game and its DLCs, you can continue playing on your existing save file as soon as the upgrade is live!

4 Likes

Are you sure it’s part of Smart Delivery ? I can’t find any information about it. Maybe you mixed it up with the Cyberpunk Smart Delivery announcement.

They announced it as a “free update” back in September

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1301826520311369728?s=19

I mean it’s highly likely that it’s part of Smart Delivery but it’s still not confirmed.

I don’t see why CDPR wouldn’t use smart delivery since they just need to give Xbox the upgraded version and they do the work from what I understand.

1 Like

Doesn’t it already use Smart Delivery, notably for the One X upgrades?

https://www.gamespace.com/all-articles/news/xbox-one-x-patch-witcher-3/

1 Like

I feel like when they first said there would be a next gen update many moons ago there was mention that it would be free for all current owners of the game.

I originally played through this on the PS4 so I went ahead and bought the complete edition with all DLC for $13 CDN during one of the last sales in anticipation of this.

I wonder if the series inspired DLC will just be some outfits or actually a new quest or quests and new area maybe?

I bet this will ray tracing, should look incredible if so.

Fair enough. Side note: Saber interactive is handling the port.

I always thought that Smart Delivery is the free update program for the next gen consoles.

Anyways let’s move on from it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It’s for making sure you’re running the best version of a game thats available. It’s been around for a long long time. It was certainly used last generation with the Xbox One X but it may have also been used for HDR content with the One S.

Now the question is, will this actually release before Cyberpunk patch?

3 Likes

I’m curious about watching the Witcher Netflix series. Does it spoil the game? I’ve only started Witcher 3.

No

1 Like

From my understanding.

The first two seasons are based on the short stories books and the first main book Blood of Elves.

The games are their own storylines separate from the books but are heavily based on the Witcher lore.

2 Likes

The first and second season are based off of the first three books in the series which take place well before The Witcher 3. If anything the game will spoil some of the relationships that develop throughout the show.

You’re safe to watch and play the game.

2 Likes