The unexpected versatility of Tango Gameworks is amazing

Finished Hi-Fi Rush and Ghostwire Tokyo and really loved both games. Tango Gameworks has become one of my top 5 favorite studios, I’m amazed by their (unexpected) versatility and prowess in terms of visuals.

Like Hi-Fi and Ghostwire couldn’t be more opposed (be it gameplay, art direction, tone, open-world, soundtrack…). And this was done simultaneously. Mission accomplished for Mikami.

17 Likes

Spot on, they were not on my list before, but these two games have me looking forward to what’s next. Hi-Fi Rush especially was so much fun.

5 Likes

Good thread ! I hope it will bring some discussion !

We got these two games back to back and it felt really good. It was the first two games I played from Tango and I was amazed by the work they did on both games. They have the talent and creavity. I can’t wait for their next projects. And they also work pretty fast which is also impressive.

Now, I have to finish Hi-Fi Rush ! There’s just so much to play right now, it’s awesome !

2 Likes

Ghostwire looks surprisingly good, it’s a real looker

Coming from TEW which weren’t horrible looking games at all but certainly weren’t top tier, Ghostwire is a massive step up

Between Ghostwire and Hi-Fi Rush, it’s easy to see why Mikami wanted to move beyond horror with the team, they are capable of so much beyond horror

I still want a new horror game from them though

Yea I really enjoyed both games too. Although with ghostwire I got sick of the quests quickly. Hi fi rush was the biggest surprise for sure. It was pretty cool.

2 Likes

Eh, the majority of Tango is mostly ex-capcom. Projects like these are in their wheelhouse. STill impressive but something I expect.

Definitely putting Tango in charge of Guitar Hero that’s for sure. Hopefully Tango is already working on a proposal for Phil to greenlight once the Activision merger is officially complete.

I hope you’re kidding

Not at all. It would be the biggest most creative Guitar Hero. I’ve always been a rock band player but, Xbox owns Guitar Hero may as well go crazy with it Hi-Fi Rush style.

1 Like

they arent working on guitar hero lmao

Still hoping for Hi Fi Rush GOTY physical Edition being announced at the conference.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. Finished the GWT and enjoyed it, but I must admit that first hour or so I was on the verge of stop playing it. I wish the sequels for both games are in the works.

The only thing they should improve in TGW is the smaller open world with more diversity, AND FIX CAMERA /AIMING CONTROLS on console!!!

Ms need to expand them and have them build another studio.

1 Like

That biology class statue screencap isn’t funny ! I have PTSD from that thing. :awkward:

4 Likes

The investment into physical instrument rhythm games are pretty much a death sentence now.

Having a cool Tango produced Xbox/pc exclusive Guitar Hero in the style of Hi-Fi Rush would be a good thing for the Xbox brand.

I’m pretty sick and tired of the modern PlayStation, ultra conservative, only make 1-2 AAA games because that’s what will guarantee maximum profit with minimal financial risk.

Screw that, first party is for building your brand and making it the cool place to be over your boring competition. Sega beat the unbeatable Nintendo once upon a time with this strategy. I’m not saying go full Sega mode, but I am saying a little bit of coolness like a hi-Fi rush style game mixed with the mainstream brand recognition of Guitar Hero is a winning strategy for making the Xbox brand cool.

( unrelated but I have lots of good ideas by owning Activision …sign tony hawk to a huge contact, and bring Pro Skater in a big way, forget all this talk about banjo and make Crash Bandicoot your platformer, buy the rights to 007 make the Activision 007 games back compatible, also partner with IO, bring back Simpsons hit and run…. Owning Activision gives me Lots of big ideas, :peace_symbol: )