The six nominees for GOTY at TGA revealed - No place for Forza Horizon 5, Psychonauts 2 and Deathloop nominated

It should either be ITT or Psychonauts 2 really.

FH5 not even being a nominee is just…sad. what a joke. Then again, at the end of the day it’s only about the game reveals for me anyway. But I will be happy for the studio that IMO truly deserves it.

It makes you think about the requirements, lol.

1 Like

nice consolation, thanks

1 Like

What exactly did I win? lmao.

Don’t know why anyone would be surprised by this. Besides, it’s just ONE single award. I go based on the game that wins overall by having the most awards in general from websites, magazines, readers, forums, youtubers, etc. Whichever game wins, wins.

But look on the bright side, when you check out gameawards.net in February/March, I believe that you will see that the 2021 overall game of the year is Halo Infinite which is exactly what it should be.

EDIT: Just saw the final six game list. No Returnal and instead It Takes Two is on the list. So you know for sure that Returnal isn’t winning. It will probably win an award or two but not overall game of the year.

1 Like

I nailed 5 of the 6. I had Forza in for Resident Evil.

1 Like

TGA has managed to annoy xbox (FH5) and Sony (Returnal) fans. So… congrats Geoff?

5 Likes

Any event that has such a narrow definition of a game is downright pathetic.

5 Likes

Perfectly balanced.

2 Likes

I know I expected Ratchet to be nominated, but I’m still eye rolling from it being nominated lmao. (A game litterally no one even remembered two days after its release)

Returnal snub is unexpected, FH5 snub is expected but still a joke.

It takes Two would be a great win. In a trying ass time in the world when that game came out was very welcome. Could not really go to my brother’s house but could play it co-op with him online. It’s funny and it also has a serious message.

I simply did not play enough of Psychonauts 2 to really judge it, but I do want it to win if ITT doesn’t.

1 Like

Good points. Now, play P2. Lol

2 Likes
6 Likes

I’m cool with It Takes Two, Ratchet, or Psychonauts winning. I loved all those. And I bet I will love Deathloop and Metroid when I play them too… so basically I just don’t want it to be Resident Evil :joy:

1 Like

We got the definitive proof that quality is not a fundamental requirement.

??

this was an aggregate of the 100+ outlets.

3 Likes

I think some people forget this.

Yeah I know, I know all too well, having loved the first one. When it released I was hooked on One Piece, didn’t play any games in general at that time and from there I kept pushing P2 aside, lol. I’m a strange one.

By the way, buddy told me RPG is back in TGA? I’d say Xbox has that one covered for the years to come. :rofl:

1 Like

If you are a racer it means you are automatically disqualified

2 Likes

Just curious- If Metroid Dread had been on PS or xbox would it have been nominated? I don’t know the answer, as I haven’t played the game.

I am guessing sparsity and brand association also seem to play some part in the nomination.

1 Like

Ratchet didn’t deserve the spot at all IMO.

7 Likes