The six nominees for GOTY at TGA revealed - No place for Forza Horizon 5, Psychonauts 2 and Deathloop nominated

It’s this

This is what I think too. It takes two deserves it. I’d love to see it win.

1 Like

Tales of arise my goty persoal favorite but not in contention,im rooting for forza horizon 5 and psychonauts 2

Should be:

• Forza Horizon 5.
  • Psychonauts 2.
  • Deathloop.
  • Cyberpunk 2077.
  • It Takes Two.
  • RE 8

Winner: Forza Horizon 5.

Will be:

• Returnal.
  • Ratchet & Clank.
  • Kena
  • Deathloop
  • Metroid Dread
  • Death Stranding DC

Winner: Returnal.

5 Likes

My prediction for the nominees -

• Deathloop
  • Metroid Dread
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Resident Evil VIII: Village
  • Returnal

Winner: Returnal

Mine:

• Forza Horizon 5
  • Metroid Dread
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Deathloop
  • It Takes Two
  • Ratchet & Clank

Winner: Forza Horizon 5

1 Like

Only one nominee from me because it should win.

Forza Horizon 5

3 Likes

This will be the list. I would love to see Forza or It takes two win

Ratchet and Clank (there needs to be a PS5 entry regardless) Forza Horizon 5 ( Highest rated game) Psychonauts 2 (You have to reward this type of game) Metroid Dread Resident Evil Village (It was one of the better multiplats this year) Returnal (I guess it was a pleasant surprise compared to what it could be)

Winner : Forza Horizon

It would be crazy for game of the year nominations not to include the highest rated exclusive of the year/ highest rated exclusive of the gen

Peter bout to have a reckoning next week when he sees FH5 on the list.

Let us returnal to this once the nominees drop. :wink:

2 Likes

Hahaha. I won’t have a reckoning even if FH 5 is on the list AND wins. It’s just a single award. When I look at the site that lists all the goty winners, im not expecting FH 5 to go past 20 total goty awards. Barring a screw up, I still see Halo Infinite being the overall game of the year winner.

I haven’t played Returnal nor am I going to but when I look at 2021, it reminds me of 2014. There’s a few great games but no standout game whatsoever to me. It’s basically a toss up. I’m only going with Returnal because it’s a complete game - visuals, audio, combat/gameplay which is excellent and what Housemarque is known for and has a story. Even more than all of that, look at Housemarque, they’ve done nothing but isometric twin stick shooters and 2D platformers so to go from those games to a AAA third person action adventure shooter while successfully transitioning all the combat/gameplay that they’re known for in a 3D world and added in rogue elements on top of it and then, I look at the other games that I listed, im not as impressed and that includes my current game of the year in Ratchet.

1. Metroid Dread
  2. Forza Horizon 5
  3. Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
  4. Returnal
  5. Hitman
  6. Resident Evill Village

Seeing a lot of Returnal GOTY winner prediction. Is this a meme that I miss or a serious prediction ?

3 Likes

Returnal was a nice transition game for that developer, but it is a total joke if a game that had lesser review scores than other contenders AND was a niche type game with far less broad gaming appeal wins this game. It wouldn’t even be in consideration if it wasn’t a Sony exclusive. My personal GOTY is Forza Horizon 5 hands down, but something like Psychonauts 2 or It Takes Two would deserve greater consideration than Returnal. Or even Resident Evil Village for that matter.

2 Likes

It’s partly a meme, but really a reflection of the biases of the gaming media.

2 Likes

Many of the 550 thousand (maybe more) people liked it. Is it so hard to believe?

1 Like

It has long been clear to everyone that a high score does not affect the final result of awards. Otherwise, Forza Horizon 4 would have been a 2018 Game of the Year nominee. RDR 2 would take all awards from all editions. Overwatch wouldn’t have won Goty at the 2016 TGA and so on

It’s legitimately a great game and a GOTY candidate imo.

PS fans are the majority on social media so I’m assuming a bunch of them who never played it are probably saying Returnal in the replies lol. It’s a shame because maybe it would of gotten more commercial success if they actually played it instead of talking about it.

4 Likes

No, but it also has a lot of problems at launch. I also thought that Rachet and Clank was a more popular game on the PS5. Anyways if someone write 6x Returnal I have to think that’s a meme.