The six nominees for GOTY at TGA revealed - No place for Forza Horizon 5, Psychonauts 2 and Deathloop nominated

ITT and P2 fit that “indie” game even if they are published by major companies. Otherwise an indie nominee would probably be Chicory based on reviews.

• Metroid
  • Deathloop
  • FH5
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Returnal
  • It Takes Two

Winner: Psychonauts 2

Nobody even seems to remember R&C or RE8 released this year, so I don’t expect them to get any attention. I bet Psychonauts is an easy winner imho, since it reflects a great comeback story for the game/team and was received super well. It is the safe choice to avoid fanboy harassment too, heh.

1 Like

Chicory has high ratings, but far fewer reviewers. 44. Compared to the rest of the list which have 100+ while retaining an equal or higher score.

Forza oHorizon 5 should win in the carpg category

or be nominated in the RPG category

I think Death’s Door has a better shot than Chicory.

1 Like

0% chance R&C is not getting nominated. I don’t see a world where that game doesn’t get nominated but Returnal does. Returnal even has immediately obvious flaws like the whole save point situation making it less favored comparatively.

1 Like

Yesss, and IMO it’s still my personal GOTY.

Nobody remembers it came out right now. It came and went. Returnal has the whole ‘its so hardcore and its Sony 1P!’ angle going for it. Have not seen hardly anyone saying R&C was GotY even on release, but lots point to Returnal still. I agree wrt the quality comparison (from the outside, having not played either of them).

1 Like

Returnal will however have a very strong chance at winning Action game of the year for sure

I don’t think it can win that but lose out to R&C for GotY since both are action…?

Action and Action Adventure are separate awards, R&C is gonna be nominated for the latter and Returnal the former imo

1 Like

Oh that is a good point. I don’t recall all the actual category breakdowns.

My prediction is Forza will get screwed over

1 Like

yeah I wouldn’t blame you it’s a mess lol. Action and Action Adventure have demarcation but Sports and Racing are one category. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Wow. lol

imagine FH5 even having the chance to lose against a yearly FIFA or an NBA2K. Just wild lol

Deaths Door

Forza Horizon 5

It Takes Two

Metroid Dread

Psychonauts 2

Returnal

I believe in you, FH5. You can be the Chosen One!

2 Likes

It Takes Two

Metroid Dread

Ratchet and Clank RA

Resident Evil Village

Returnal

FH5

• Returnal

• Returnal

• Returnal

• Returnal

• Returnal