The Series X seems to be in steady supply right now. A blip or trend?

Just FYI for those not familiar with this:

The markets close at 4pm EST. That’s 20:00 GMT, 22:00 CET.

2 Likes

Ah thanks, so we should get some news later today.

Knowing how they addressed gaming related last time, we can expect it again. Well, maybe, if there’s anything groundbreaking or concern.

1 Like

Xbox just had it’s biggest march ever I think, and selling much better than every other Xbox so they’ll probably remind us :sweat_smile:

In hindsight, the tweet from Aaron on VGChartz was a clue to the month sale.

2 Likes

Prediction: Microsoft made money

2 Likes

BestBuy Series X available using their online process but only if a store within 250 mile radius will have stock. Says unavailable for Cleveland area.

Microsoft Series X base console is in stock. Does NOT require the 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate addon.

Most other places now only have the AllAccess for Series X.

The Series S continues to be available nearly everywhere.

4 Likes

Ditto for Canada. Both brand new, as well as refurbished.

The Series X is unavailable at Best Buy or Amazon. Although it’s in the top 10 at Amazon again (7th), so they must’ve had a batch recently. Both PS5 versions are also in the top 10, digital in 4th and disc in 8th, but neither is currently available.

3 Likes

Went to another Walmart. Not even a Series S available. I hope MS has a huge drop around the same time as their June showcase. It would create a lot of buzz and excitement.

2 Likes

I’d say they’re probably trying or going to try to drop a massive batch sometime before the launch of Starfield.

2 Likes

I’m sure they will but they’re not going to stockpile until Nov

2 Likes

Nearly the same status as Sunday.

Target has Series X available for pickup at a couple of stores within a 25 mile area of Cleveland, but they’re selling out fast.

Microsoft’s website has Series X base console in stock. Does NOT require the 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate addon .

Most other places now only have the AllAccess for Series X.

The Series S continues to be available nearly everywhere.

3 Likes

IS this an American thing to showcase the boxes inside cabinets? in UK these things are in the backroom locked away. People can’t see the actual boxes.

yes usually it locked but the actual tech is inside it or usually they use a display box and get the real one in the backroom

1 Like

How is it presented in the store itself? I’m assuming it has some kind of physical representation, and it’s not just assumed that people know a product exists? Like a poster, or an empty box, or a plastic Xbox shell, or something.

Here in Canada it varies a bit from store to store, and area to area. Some places will have more expensive tech in behind locked glass doors, others will have it available on a shelf but with a wired anti-theft device attached, yet others will have it fully available with no security measures in place.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someplace similar to what you’re describing, where they keep the item itself in a back room until requested.

1 Like

Toys R Us used to do things that way. Grab a ticket, pay for ticket, hand payed for ticket to an employee at the exit to get your item. Sams Club also uses a “ticket” system for some items. Also some stores use ticket systems out of necessity because it’s furniture or something too big to fit in a shopping cart.

I’ve come to dislike the Walmart system of needing an employee to open the case. There is usually only one employee in electronics and they are busy with other customers so it’s annoying to have to wait for them to unlock the case.

That said I’m also American so I have no idea what they do over in other countries.

1 Like

Most places have the consoles “in the back”. Some will have dummy boxes for a display and others will have slips of paper or something to give an employee so they can go get one for you. Walmart keeps a few consoles on the sales floor locked in a case, probably because they can afford the displays and floor space.

They have empty boxes and like only a couple. IT seems they keep the actual boxed products for everyone to see how much is in stock which I’ve never seen before.

I guess this makes sense for stores that don’t have backrooms large enough to fit the backstock. but still…

For the first time in past few months, Microsoft’s website shows “out of stock” for Xbox Series X console.

It had a good run lol.

1 Like