The Series X seems to be in steady supply right now. A blip or trend?

“VGchartz” = enough reason to think the numbers are not accurate. Don’t take their RT’s as endorsments of the numbers, they’ve RT’ed them before just saying thank you to fans. Then VGchartz turned around and “revised” their guesses after the fact.

5 Likes

Still I believe that the sales gap this gen is much better than last gen.

Absolutely, no reason not to but VGchartz and their made up guesses are a useless metric.

Of course it is. Last gen xbox one was weaker…more expensive and had far less games.

Its not completely useless when they post actual data from japan and certain european countries.

People can criticise them all they want. There isnt an alternative.

1 Like

Please take the Sales discussions to this other thread @ Video Game Market Analysis Thread

Or, from personal experience, the absolute shit quality of the plastic happy meal toy DS4. I’m on my third now…

I have played 4 games.

I bought one last year to play PSnow games. Its got a dodgy right stick whifh is annoying

1 Like

I went to my nearest Target 2 weeks ago and they didnt even have Series S available… i went to Walmart today and there was only one Series S available, 1 week prior the whole case was full of Series S. I dont think X is in steady supply because Series S isnt even in steady supply in the big city I live.

1 Like

What kind of weird shit are you doing with your controller??? lol

I bought the base PS4 in May 2014 and used the controller it came with for 2 1/2 years until I traded it in to put towards the PS4 Pro when it was released. I used that controller until I traded in the Pro console in October 2020. No problems at all and I played about 50+ games with each respective console’s controller.

If there’s one controller I had issues with, it was the Xbox Series X which honestly, I believe it’s total shit. Too damn small, less bulky, horrible directional pad and even worse are the texture grips on the back of the controller. Thankfully, I use the Xbox One (model 1708) controller which is probably my all time best controller. Not a single issue, complaint or negative.

Compared to the Xbox Series X controller, all five generations of PlayStation controllers are near perfection for me. I really don’t know how anyone can be comfortable using the Series X controller. I still need to buy one or two more Xbox One controllers so I have them as backups. Wish Microsoft would have kept the controller the same as Xbox One. Just add a share button and done. Oh well.

BestBuy still has Series X available using their online process. Says ready for pickup in 5 days if ordered today.

Microsoft Series X with 3 months of GamePass Ultimate still in stock .

Most other places now only have the AllAccess for Series X.

The Series S continues to be available nearly everywhere.

1 Like

This is… Certainly a take.

That being said, controller discussions rarely go anywhere, as pretty much all of it is based on personal preference or anecdotal experiences.

For example, I dislike symmetrical joysticks immensely. And I spent many years of my childhood playing on the PS1.

Couple that with the subpar (and that’s putting it kinda lightly) triggers on the DS4, and I had a clear preference. This is of course just my opinion, but you can only accidentally attack so many times in bloodborne (by just friggen putting the controller down) before it gets very annoying.

And of course, all of that is just my opinion on the matter!

I literally hate the Xbox Series X controller. It was literally made with the hands of an eight year old in mind which that’s definitely not me. It’s so uncomfortable for my hands to where I get hand cramps and stiffness yet never get that with the Xbox One (or PlayStation controllers) for that matter. This is also bad because I can easily play 8-12 hour gaming sessions in a day.

I have gone nuts looking for Xbox One controllers because they’re superior in my opinion. At least for me anyway. It’s better built, feels better, is bigger which is better for me, directional pad is better and there’s no texture grip which I couldn’t stand. I know a lot of people love the Series X controller but im definitely not one of those people.

As for the analog sticks, I do prefer the Xbox setup and replaying AC Odyssey today, it’s great being able to still move Kassandra while pressing the directional pad to scan the area, whistle for my horse, etc. and not have to stop moving where as on the PlayStation controllers, I can’t do that at all.

The triggers on PS4/PS5 have never been an issue for me but at the same time, im not an online gamer so perhaps that’s why.

My top 5 controllers -

1. Xbox One (model 1708)
  2. Xbox 360
  3. PS2
  4. PS4/PS5 (no issues with either except the touch pad. It’s nothing more than an oversized world map button)
  5. SNES

My bottom 5 controllers -

1. Wiimote
  2. Gamecube
  3. Xbox (duke and s)
  4. Nintendo 64
  5. Xbox Series

The Xbox Series layout is great but the texture grips are horrible, too small for my hands and the directional pad is worse and too damn “clicky”. I just wish Microsoft copied Xbox One controller and just added a Share button.

Apologies for the off-topic posts. I won’t do it again.

Its the same controller as xbox one dude…what are you smoking? All 5 generations? Cmon now. The dualshock 3 was garbage. Sorry it was one of the worst controllers up there with the wii u pad. Triggers were abysmal. Triggers in ps4 wasnt much better.

The series x controller is practically the same as the xbox one. Its all in your head.

1 Like

The time i spent playing ps1 it didnt even have joysticks lol

1 Like

If I remember right, my family had picked one up along with ape escape.

Felt like future tech lol.

I think a fair bit of this might be in your head. Regarding the size difference of the controllers, I mean.

Checking the exact dimensions, the Xbox One controller is 6 x 4 x 2.56 inches.

The Xbox Series controller is 6 x 4 x 2.47 inches.

Yes, it’s a little smaller, but that’s what, a 3.5% decrease in height?

1 Like

I’m actually very careful with my controllers. Both got heavy stick drift in the right stick, and one also had very short batterylife for some reason.

The one I’m using now seems to work so far, but I think I’ve seen the camera twitch a bit so I would guess the drift is on its way.

Even when it works, the DS4 is a horrible controller. I can’t believe you are serious in preferring it over the Series controller, especially since for someone with big hands (me too!) the DS4 is very small and awkward to use. It has a plastic toy feel to it, the triggers are really bad, the battery is built in with a really short battery life which makes you use the cable at times and that shit is too short, the sticks are positioned wrong which makes it even more awkward to use.

The only thing I can agree with is that the Xbox One controller is perfect in size, and my only complaint with the Series controller is that it is too loud/clicky.

Ds4 had that weird issue where you can hear the hinge on the triggers. At least on one of mine. I dont know something felt off on the triggers. Ps5 is the first sony controller imo to have decent triggers though i dont own a ps5 ive only briefly played it when i visit cousins.