The next Sea of Thieves update is all about PvP

Originally published at: The next Sea of Thieves update is all about PvP - XboxEra

Season 8 of Sea of Thieves is launching November 22nd. And it’s a big one.

In this season players will be able to do opt-in player versus player, or rather crew versus crew, combat. Every new ship will be equipped with the Hourglass of Fate, which let’s players choose between two factions. The Guardians of Fortune or the Servants of the Flame.

Ships will submerge under the sea to prepare for battle (ready your cannons!). When the ship re-emerges from the water it’ll be close to the enemy ship. And the update has a slight battle royale touch too, as you’ll be designated a PvP area which you can’t leave. If you do, your ship will sink and the opposing team will gain experience in their Hourglass of Fate.

Season 8 of Sea of Thieves will go live on November 22nd on Xbox and PC. And as always, it’s a free update.

6 Likes

It’s a rather interesting update. I can’t wait to play it!

1 Like

It looks amazing. I like the mini-battle royale focus. Hope the system isn’t based on the server you’re in, but a global queue.

1 Like

Golden Sands as a port town looks incredible. Also it looks like a much better implementation of PvP battles within Sea of Thieves Share World than Arena.

1 Like

Please tell us the focus is on making the PvP part of PvPvE entirely optional if desired. :parrot:

1 Like

I think the game as its core will always be a PvPvE experience, just that pirates obsessed by PvP will hopefully engage more in that new activity.

1 Like

This.

So cool.

7 Likes

Http://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1594395084874665985

3 Likes