The new Shock Blue controller is the same hex code color as SEGA's logo

2 Likes

it is just coincidence. That is what I tell myself.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s fun to speculate on, but Iā€™m still thinking hell nah.

1 Like

just a coincidence

1 Like

This past week has been madness. Love it!

5 Likes

Itā€™s just a coincidence, I think to myself.

But then I remember there are 16,777,216 possible hex color code combinations.

Itā€™s just a coincidence, I think to myself.

But then I wonder: what can Microsoft possible show at a japanese-focused game show?

Itā€™s just a coincidence.

Must be.

Itā€™s happening!

1 Like

I doubt itā€™s a coincidence. Xbox and Sega have been on really good terms lately, with PSO and Yakuza added to Game Pass, so I think more Sega games are coming to Game Pass. Could even be an EA Play-size move with a lot of games.

As Sega are a publically-traded company it canā€™t be a buyout but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if thereā€™s a SEGA on GP announcement. Not long to wait now!

Honestly think there is something in this. Itā€™s not a buyout clearly. But some form of partnership re gamepass? Or sonic? My childhood gaming was Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake on my PC and then sonic on my ā€˜SEGA mega driveā€™ (yes thatā€™s what it was called) so imagine how I feel potentially about Xbox having ownership or major play in these IPs?

Itā€™s not an acquisition. That much Iā€™m certain.

But Iā€™m convinced itā€™ll be a partnership of sorts. To what extent Iā€™m not sure. Iā€™m inclined to think itā€™s Gamepass related as that makes more sense to me. Segas games on Gamepass (think day one) would be pretty huge actually. Whatever it is bring it on.

Which leads me to my last point. MS arenā€™t fucking around arenā€™t they? Itā€™s truly a different feeling going into the new gen. For team Xbox and for itā€™s fans.

Iā€™d love to see more Sega games on Game Pass, but using the right colour isnā€™t exactly anything other than a designer knowing their stuff!

What does Sega have announced? Just in case it is a Game Pass deal, I wanna know what to look forward to.

A user in the other forum said it wasnā€™t the same blue. Can someone check it out ?

If it is then it canā€™t be a coincidence

1 Like

Real or not the controller looks dope and I picked one up. If itā€™s the start of a SEGA collab, even better.

1 Like

3 Likes

Seriously, I donā€™t buy controllers for looks but considering it. And there is a ton of smoke - something is up. I mean, MS is at TGS, which is huge news alone

Itā€™s just a coincidence. I think itā€™s actually designed to appeal to Playstation fans.

Iā€™ll never get tired of this gifā€¦ and Iā€™ll be honest, the amount of ā€œconnecting the dotsā€ we tend to do on here is comical. Fun, but comical.

1 Like

I keep seeing this image, but if you take an eyedropper in photoshop to both of those exact spots the colors are definitely not the same.

1 Like