The Medium score prediction

Yeah I have no idea, and no reputation for being accurate in my predictions. Nor do I mind how something is “received” by the masses, I still like Metal Gear Survive lots after all.

Just a guess.

1 Like

i think it will be in 70

I said this already in a different thread, but it bears repeating in the right thread. This game is going to be the first Xbox next-gen only game, and will be under immense pressure to look next gen. My impression is that it won’t look as good as games like Gears 5, Hellblade 2 or Project Mara, which are all screenshot hungry games.

Because of this people will jump on it to feed their own agenda, be it that Xbox is no good, next gen isn’t a step up, Bloober shouldn’t be bought, or whatever bug they have in general with life. As such, expect the scores to be low simply because the focus has not been on graphics, and at the end of the day to the general populous graphics are king.

Somewhere between 75-80 but i could see it being lower. I don’t think the game will have much fanfare but it looks neat.

I have 80-85

I’m going middle. Low 70s, technically unoptimized, starts another internet fight as one of the Series X first big “Exclusives”. People argue back and forth about the game, the optimization, power, TF’s, SSDs.

One side blames Bloober Team, another blames the machine. Hitman III is brought up frequently in the discussion. Topic on it reaches 600 pages. There are bans.

3 Likes

Low 70s

• The recent gameplay showed the “alternate world” having a noticeably worse FPS which would bug the hell out of me
  • Xbox reviews are usually discounted

Score aside, I’m excited to play through it and hope the story is good

Considering how old school ish/style of a game it is, I don’t think it’s going to review particularly great. I do think it’ll be above 75 though, maybe final score at 76 or 77.

Either way, I’ll try it out myself until I get too scared to progress further.

1 Like

This is where I am at as well. I think some reviewers will complain it feels a bit antiquated and judge it accordingly.

I voted for the 70-75 range. Ppl will complain about the animations not being top-notch and there will be frame drops that “completely ruin the experience,” etc etc. I feel like this game is gonna get nitpicked to the moon and back for some reason. I hope I’m wrong though.

I can’t wait for the game. personally. I’m very much looking forward to it! :smiley:

Its pretty ambitious. I’m not sure if they can pull it off, to be honest. Hope I’m wrong.

I think the TV show segments hurt the game, but yeah it def should’ve been above 80 imo

1 Like

Classic review style :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think it will be better than Blair Witch, but not quite there yet, I’ll go with 76.

Mid 75-80 but because of the Xbox discount it will be 70-75 /s

Above 80

Think it will be the fourth Xbox next-gen only game when you consider Bright Memory, Enlisted and Observer: System Redux were launch titles.

I’m not into horror games that much as real life seems pretty grim these days. I may have a look at it.

1 Like

75-77 I think it’ll end up like Dying Light and Evil Within, and have its cult following.

Has the studio behind The Medium ever put out a high scoring game? Not saying that means this game won’t score well. I’m not that familiar with their work.