The Medium [OT] Dual Sensed

He said It is more atmospheric and thrilling and not rely on jumpscares. Comparing to Silent Hill and the movie The Witch on unsettling and surrealistic enviroments. Also the dual world mechanic Works pretty well.

1 Like

Nice:))) maybe I can actually play thisā¤

1 Like

Tech stuff aside seems to be very unique game and more importantly the best Bloober game yet.

3 Likes

I donā€™t want to see any footage. But do they mention raytracing?

Spoke to soon, not a video. Itā€™s an article. Iā€™ll read :slight_smile:

A video is up too. Raytracing is there but not all the time it is a mix out of both.

Uhm yeah pc has a high end ray tracing option uhm yeah but looking at those specs nooo thanks :sweat_smile:

Read the article. It sounds good to me! Definitely better than I expected. Best Bloober game yet? I will take it!

I said between 80-85 letā€™s see how it goes :smirk:

1 Like

Donā€™t watch the DF review if you are really interested in the gameā€¦ Thereā€™s spoilers. I stopped the video at the 5 min mark.

I guess John couldnā€™t make his analysis without this part, but there is no warning whatsoever, so Iā€™m warning you now.

2 Likes

I donā€™t watch gameplay for any game Iā€™m intrigued by. I learned by mistakesā€¦

But thanks for the warning:)

1 Like

If youā€™re wondering where our coverage for The Medium is, despite being told by Blooberā€™s PR team we were ā€œon the listā€ they havenā€™t come through for us - weā€™ll get a review up of course, but will be a day or two after release. Such is life :frowning:

5 Likes

are there? I just watched the whole video and there isnt that much I could take away from it.

Standard reflections on Series S while X has Ray tracing.

Sad times :confused:

I guess people have different takes what qualifies as a Spoiler. Iā€™m for example hate trailers that show all the cool setpieces (cough Gears 5 cough ). Some donā€™t care.

2 Likes

Itā€™s annoying, because views etc are all frontloaded.

Hopefully, our Metacritic application is successful (itā€™s in progress!) as with us being both on Open and Metacritic, publishers might pay a little more attention. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me it was a spoiler and Iā€™m not really that sensitive to it. It kind of ruined a moment that I wasnā€™t aware of. Thereā€™s more in the game obviously, but I would have prefered being surprised by that. The mystery is a big part of this game.

I guess thatā€™s my fault too, as I wasnā€™t expecting big spoiler like that.

Edit : Iā€™m not really sure about what I sawā€¦ The less you know about the spirit world before playing the game, the better I think !

1 Like

Metacritic sucks! But I understand the appeal to be on both.

You would have thought Xbox could have nudged Bloober to send a review copy your way though.

1 Like

Wow this looks nice (even with the bad compression of youtube then a screenshot lol)

2 Likes

Embargoā€™s up which means I can finally say this. Iā€™ve played it! I found it mature, gripping, scary and exciting but it may be a tad divisive. It is still a Bloober Team game through and through, so those expecting something closer to RE or Silent Hill may be let down. Game looks great too, especially the environments, but performance was hit or miss.

Overall, had a great time.