The Medium is NOT a day 1 Xbox Series X|S launch title (launches on 10th Dec 2020)

I want to intervene here but the title falls into the launch window of the consoles, so for me it is a launch title just not day 1.

Same. I tried the MP beta and didnā€™t like it much. But for the SP Iā€™m interested.

Not a big deal at all for me. As others said here, it easily could have been delayed into 2021 but it didnā€™t. So thatā€™s good!

Now letā€™s hope itā€™s a great game. BT has been flirting with greatness in their games but it was never always quite there yet. It was either bad, bad framerates or just not that scary (layers of fear) but all these games did have good stuff going on as well.

Itā€™s great that itā€™s a Game Pass title.

I agree

1 Like

Youā€™re braver than I am! Iā€™m a huge wuss though so itā€™s not that high a bar :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not a big deal 1 month is short. Will play Observer System Redux 1st then The Medium. This studio is really talented. Really impatient to play it. It seems crazy good.

1 Like

I always thought it was not coming launch day

Could have used a better title, imo. Why not ā€œThe Medium coming December 10th!ā€ Instead of me thinking this was a thread to complain about The Medium not being at launch. lol

Anyways, super hyped for this! Glad itā€™s got a breather from all the other launch titles. Hopefully Iā€™ll have Cyberunk done by the time this hits. :slight_smile:

Well, the game was presumed to be a launch title by basically everyone. It was widely considered the main launch exclusive for XSX and a tech showcase title. So thatā€™s why. :slight_smile:

I do agree wrt Cyberpunk. It will take up all the oxygen in the room for both new consoles imho.

1 Like

Thatā€™s fair. I thought it was a launch title for the longest time, but the lack of a release date so close to launch made me 2nd guess it. I can wait a month. Just was letting you know, I literally skipped this thread cuz I thought you were just complaining :joy:. I saw the trailer on another site and then realized ā€œOh, that thread probly was for this.ā€ and came and checked. Yep, lol. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree. Itā€™s close enough to launch. Far enough from Cyberpunk that Iā€™ll be able to peel myself away for a change of pace.

1 Like

Iā€™m fine with this. I want the team to take the time they need and Iā€™m sure there will be plenty of other stuff to play at launch. With how 2020 has been going so far, that month will fly by before we know it.

2 Likes

True, with the impending civil war we will barely notice! >.>

Not bad actually. Just one month after launch. Nice breathing room as Iā€™ll be busy with Assassinā€™s Creed Valhalla, Falconeer, Cyberpunk etcā€¦

That new fast resume feature for multiple games will be a godsend. Will be jumping back and forth between games like a kid in a candy store sampling all the candy.

1 Like

I was wanting this to be a launch title, but upon actually ssing the date yesterday Iā€™m glad we get it a month later. Iā€™m going to be swarmed with Assassins Creed Valhalla, FIFA, Dirt5 and CoD. Add Cyberpunk 2077 the following week, thatā€™s a whole lot of gaming and thatā€™s without accounting for all the Game Pass games! Oh man is it November yet?

1 Like

I thought this would certainly be a launch title but at least itā€™s just a month, and I do like the idea of having releases each month instead of a draught right after the launch day.

Not really fussed at all, lots to play in November already.

1 Like

Yeah, I can see it as a bummer too, but Iā€™m still amazed weā€™re getting any new games (let alone consoles) at all this year. I know for my lab, having to move the majority of 7000 people to a work from home ā€œnew normalā€ required months of architectural changes, and I speak for myself in that two of my primary projects were put on the backburner so I could develop a solution for our help desk to assist remote users more efficiently, and that was a good couple months of unplanned time. Those packages were fractional in comparison to what developers have to work with and I do not envy any of the game development community right now because of the massive hurdles that being removed from a singular, local network creates.

1 Like

Just a friendly reminder that Bloober Team has another game that is actually coming out at the Series X|S launch ā€” Observer: System Redux will support 4K Ultra HD resolution, HDR, 60 frames per second and Ray Tracing. It does not support Smart Delivery, though.

On a side note, The Medium is now up for preorder on the Microsoft Store with the Game Pass 10% discount.

The game cover image was also updated:

5 Likes

November 10

Assassinā€™s Creed: Valhalla

Bright Memory

Destiny 2: Beyond Light

Dirt 5

Gears Tactics

Observer: System Redux

Tetris Effect: Connected

The Falconeer

Watch Dogs: Legion