The Lord of the Rings™: Gollum™ | Gameplay Reveal

Experience the untold story in The Lord of the Rings™: Gollum™, a story-driven action RPG where our twisted protagonist is on a quest to regain the only thing precious to him. Torn by his fractured psyche, players will have to manage both Sméagol and Gollum on a journey that will take him across famous locales, revealing more about his time as a slave below the Dark Tower and his stray with the Elves of Mirkwood, as he interacts with iconic characters from the series.

The Lord of the Rings™: Gollum™ will be available September 1, 2022 on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.

3 Likes

That looked…horrible tbh. :confused:

2 Likes

I bet that’s not even Serkis with the voice.

If there is something special about this game they are doing a terrible job of showing it.

Maybe it’s just me watching it on my cellphone but from here it doesn’t look that bad, maybe some don’t like the art direction but graphically I think it looks alright. Guess I’ll need a second check when I have time on the big screen.

Gameplay shown wasn’t impressive for sure though, I have a hard time understanding what the dev is aiming for here to be quite honest.

I wasn’t expecting much bad the developer was primarily a point and click studio… but this is generic b tier

That looks very bland. Not that keen on trying, might give it a shot if it comes on gamepass

Looks precious

2 Likes

i hope Daedalic is successful with this but i have doubts :frowning:

I’m going to play it, looks somewhat interesting and is a nice different perspective on the world. Stealth type game in LOTR is a nice change of pace to most LOTR games.

I still wish they would stop messing around and deliver a REAL AAA open world SP RPG in the LOTR universe. But at least this game is trying something different with the license

1 Like

I like playing stealth games. When I heard about this game, I thought that I’ll give it a try. But this gameplay reveal wasn’t quite convincing to me.

1 Like

Not surprised with how little it was shown. So it seems it has no new date right now.

1 Like

Brutal times for game releases. I was actually looking forward to this even if it was trashed around the net.

1 Like

Here’s a 9 hour video showing the entire game from start to finish:

We talk about Xbox and lack of marketing but this…this takes the cake. I had no idea it was out or soon to be out.

It doesn’t look horrible imo just kinda outdated and low budget. A really well made gollum game could be amazing though.

Wtf did I just watch?

Reminds a bit of Styx. Not mega budget stealth creepy creep. There’s space for it, not everything needs to be huge.

3 Likes

Yea I already pre ordered looks fun and my type of oddball game. I like the variety in gaming and yea not everything has to be a blockbuster.

Daedalic closes their development studios and will only publish games in the future.

This is a sad day.