The Gaming Music Thread |OT| Music is the universal language of mankind

Excuse me while i drop entirely too many FF14 Songs

This one was made while the composer was in the hospital undergoing cancer treatment (Hes thankfully in remission now)

And those are just some of the boss songs with lyrics, not even including the great area and general themes without them

Ive never played Isco but this is just hauntingly (?) Beautiful

So I was listening to XC3’s OST and geez, some of these battle themes are amazing. Made me pretty compelled to start a VGM thread. Then I remembered about this thread and thought it would be a nice idea to revive it. Enjoy this huge dump of nice, kick-ass music from recent games (for the most part)! They really enhance their respective games. I’ll do another one soon.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3:

Lost Judgment:

Shin Megami Tensei V:

AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative

Ace Combat 7:

Scarlet Nexus:

2 Likes

So, so good!

3 Likes

Sharing a great track and bringing a thread back to life. Big W

2 Likes

Thanks man :slight_smile:

Yeah, I adore traditional Asian music. Loved the music in Shenmue, love it in many JRPGs and now this Chinese RPG. Here’s another one.

So calming, and often really goes for the feels. When music like this plays I can easily just stop playing, and just be in the moment.

2 Likes

You should play Okami. It’s a fantastic game and has this kind of music as well.

Oh man, that is one of those games I always meant to play and never did. Good one. Will do after I finish Sword and Fairy. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I had a gaming party with friends a few months ago with 3 generations of Xboxes and 2 generations of PlayStation setup. We’re all in our 40s, most of us married with kids so everyone was down for classic fighters and 2 wheel Gran Turismo split screen action. NBA Jam 360, 5 player TMNT Shredders Revenge, we all gravitated towards classic inspired games.

Everything was multiplayer for the most part. But one of my friends noticed the icon for the ID@Xbox game Donut Dodo which had its demo released for a limited time late last year. It’s a single player arcade game and it slowly took over the whole evening. We took turns trying to make it further than the last person. The difficulty took us back to the earliest arcade games we played back in the day.

Its soundtrack took over the whole room and the entire OST is great. I fell in love with the Bloodstained chip tune soundtrack and this is right up there.

And being as old as we were, we dug the music as much as the gameplay. This game took us to our earliest gaming memories in the arcades and this music made the experience complete. I don’t know when the game is out but it’s a must buy for me. When I see the graphics of the game, I think “fun” and the music is no different.

2 Likes