The Game Awards 2020 |OT|

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Yep, TLOU Part II was in the lead, but than druckmann sent this tweet: 2020.12.07-08.38-boundingintocomics-5fce92ab71486

Then Ghost of Tsushima won all of a sudden.

Druckmann since deleted his tweet :rofl:

3 Likes

Why is this not in the main show?? Don’t sleep on Nier! Hope this is a sweet early 2021 game :eyes:

1 Like

I bought Automata a while back but I haven’t gotten to it yet because I have so many games to play through. Will be doing so soon though. I think I might get Replicant down the line too.

1 Like

Replicant is a day one for me

1 Like

Im glad this is coming to Xbox! Which tells me Automata was successful enough!

2 Likes

the Game Awards

-The Initiative’s Perfect Dark reveal

-Hellblade 2 trailer with some gameplay snippets

-Fall Guys coming to Game Pass

1 Like

We’ll be getting a look at Striking Distance Studios’ first game at the Game Awards.

Also, a new trailer for The Elder Scrolls Online:

Missed this one too, Elite Dangerous: Odyssey gameplay trailer:

1 Like

love the logo for striking distance. would be great on merch

1 Like

Ngl the show seems to get intresting :o

1 Like

The show always ends up a good time. The cynicism around it (and gaming in general) is baffling to me.

I don’t like Druckmann at all. And I still believe that Straley is the better director. Hoping Ghost of Tsushima wins game of the year at The Game Awards!!!

Never heard of Striking Distance. May be worth looking into for our ongoing Acquisitions bets.

Not surprised to see ESO. I think if the ink isn’t dry on Zenimax, what we’re looking at are games with pre-existing commitments (ESO, Doom Eternal DLC Part II, Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo, Fallout 76)

Never played Elite Dangerous. That’s frontier, right?

I checked Striking Distance’s website (https://strikingdistancestudios.com/about-us) and it says they’re working on an “original narrative experience within the PUBG universe”

And yeah, Elite Dangerous is from Frontier. Odyssey is a new expansion I believe.

1 Like

Honestly, until recently I was really sour on both because I thought they forced out Amy Hennig, but that was supposedly bullshit peddled by IGN. Fwiw, I liked Uncharted 4, but her touch was missing.

As for Druckmann, I have yet to play TLOU Part II, but I have mixed thoughts on him. He doesn’t deserve the vitriol slung at him for creative choices or political views. That said, I really think his behaviour like in the tweet above or in his spat with Schreier can do more harm than good.

Idk, I’m not a fan of the whole Rian Johnson approach of “people who dislike my work are trolls and I gotta own them on Twitter.” I much prefer the behaviour of people like Colin Trevorrow or Todd Howard who take the approach of “I know your criticism comes from your love of the franchise. We want to do right by you and know your voices are being heard. That said, back off with the personal attacks, but I know this is a vocal minority of you.” I think one form of behaviour escalates a divide and makes things more toxic view of “If you like TLOU 2 you’re a raging SJW! If you hate TLOU 2 you’re a raging alt-right basement dweller” when in reality there are plenty of people of all political stripes who like or dislike a work for a number of different reasons, and I think shutting down the trolls without hindering a free and open debate is important.

3 Likes

PUBG universe? I never really got too into that game. I guess there is a lore.

And thanks for the clarification on Elite Dangerous.

1 Like

My issues with Druckmann is that compared to the first TLOU, he literally kills the franchise with Part 2 in my opinion, he pushes his agenda all the time at the expense and sacrifice of what’s better for the franchise, he and Sony DMCA’ed so many videos on YouTube because of the massive leak they had regarding the game and he even had Sony PR contact at least one critic who gave the game a 6 or a 7 and he (Druckmann) wanted to know why. Druckmann is a massive ego-maniac who needs to go in my opinion but that’s obviously not going to happen. Haley Gross also needs to go because like Druckmann, she can’t write a story/narrative or characters for shit. Everything is excellent in TLOUP2 except for everything connected to the story and characters in my opinion.

Uncharted 4 was disappointing for me as was TLOUP2 but yet, I loved Lost Legacy and I realized why - it’s because despite being credited in the game, Druckmann had almost nothing to do with the game itself.

So im hoping Tsushima wins. It’s simply the better overall game and I would much rather see Sucker Punch get a goty win instead of Naughty Dog, Druckmann and TLOUP2.

1 Like

I know nothing about Elite Dangerous. What is it’s structure? Is it an MMO? Is there a single-player (or co-op) campaign and then a seperate multiplayer mode? What’s the deal there?

1 Like

I’m not sure because I have never played the game, but I think it’s a space flight simulation game that’s open-ended, the Steam page says it’s an MMO which also has single-player. Besides that, I have no idea.

2 Likes

Rainobow Six: Quarantine store listing went live on the Microsoft Store. Possible news on TGA.

2 Likes