The Future of Xbox's dominant First Party and the GamePass revolution is already here

Not a good look. Catering to the neckbeards.

Phil has repeatedly said that PC is their biggest growth area in near future (cloud along the road), so it’s very likely unfortunately.

That’s all well and good, but the only ones who would complain is that loud minority of PCMR neckbeards.

Wrong gif :stuck_out_tongue:
Space X Rocket GIF

Haha :wink:

Little off topic but I remember watching that live and got massive chills haha so epic.

1 Like

It seems simple to me. The store page for it on console should have a greyed out “buy” icon unless you have a mouse and keyboard connected to the console at time or purchase.

That way no one can accidentally buy it not understanding it doesn’t support controllers.

IMO it’s a missed opportunity. A lot of RTS games are relatively modest in hardware requirements. I maintain my PC almost exclusively for RTS, factory and simulator games that aren’t well represented on console. And unlike other PC gamers fans of RTS games in particular often have pretty modest rigs.

2 Likes

My God Bruno, this is exactly my situation and perspective (except that I switched in early 2020). I had a look at the PS4 exclusives that had come out and realized that there were only a few that I had really loved or that seemed interesting. Weighed against the appeal of Game Pass and the ecosystem pros, it was an easy choice to make.

I signed up for third-party because I figured they would be better here, so any first-party efforts are pretty much gravy. I think that a lot of the focus on first-party comes from the mindset that the default is having a PlayStation, where pretty much the only unavailable games between the two are MS first-party. So the idea is “justify why you shouldn’t just get a PlayStation instead” rather than “what do you get out of having an Xbox”. For me, the side benefits of the Xbox are much more important :grin:

This is predicated on the idea that Sony won’t announce anything though. They weren’t at E3, but nothing is stopping them from having their own show and filling up those quiet areas with releases the same way Nintendo just did.

1 Like

I get your point but as long as these review well it is a demonstration of strength from Xbox studios that hasn’t been present for a long time. They may not all be exclusive atm but they will show Xbox can pump out multiple high quality titles as long as they review well of course which I expect them too based on what we saw and general sentiment.

I do agree with you though Gamepass is a bigger than all of these titles combined. In fact Gamepass is the most valuable exclusive and I would put it over even things like TLOU which are widely acclaimed. And gamepass releases every year is the scary thing.

It will be hard for Xbox to ever have a bad year or show again imo.

They won’t have anything too big or notable for 2nd half 2021 that is unknown at this point. For the record, it isn’t that MS pulled a bunch of games outta nowhere at E3 either so much as they finally announced release dates to games that everyone had been ignoring/forgotten about and that made those games feel more real (apparently). I’ve been tryna tell everyone all year that there are a ton of great looking Xbox exclusives for 2021 and only now are ppl taking that seriously it seems.

3 Likes

It’s simple to solve, but we need to have in mind that the guy in charge for Kinect only games isn’t the one in charge of Xbox now.

Phil has a different phylosophy and releasing the game on Xbox locking out game pad only users might not follow it. In that sense, holding off the game for a while, but when ultimately releasing providing KM support as an option but making sure the controller works well for the game might suit them better.

There’s also the point that those issues will only need to be solved once, for example now that Coalition figured out controller input for Gears Tactics, GT2 can come out simultaneously on Pc and Xbox.

I just hope that’s on the cards eventually. Having Age 1-4 plus Rise of the nations on console would be awesome, and if they figure it out the gameplay it can open the door for 3rd party games too

This. Ms just announced way more games than Sony. They started earlier, announced more and more often. So now we are seeing the results of it.

2 Likes

Agreed. Thus far, I have The Ascent, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite for the rest of 2021.

2022 and beyond, I have the following -

• A Plague Tale Requiem
  • Avowed
  • Contraband
  • Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes
  • Eiyuden Chronicle Rising
  • Fable
  • Hellblade II: Senua’s Saga
  • Indiana Jones
  • Perfect Dark
  • Redfall
  • State of Decay 3
  • Stalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl
  • Starfield
  • The Elder Scrolls VI
  • The Outer Worlds 2

That’s already 18 announced games from first party and/or going on Game Pass day one and we’re only seven months into the generation. I will probably end up with 60+ games once the generation ends just from first party and/or Game Pass day one. :joy:

5 Likes

It’s even more insane that even listing 18 games you can still miss some :stuck_out_tongue:

For example As Dusk Falls, Project Mara, Forza Motosport… And some that while not announced we are sure are coming such as Gears 6 or Wolfestein 3

I just realized something. Sony said they had 25 projects on total (and that included remasters of TLOU and DS, not to mention projects they had just signed like the Jade one).

Ms has already announced that many games and there are many we know are coming already.

It’s kinda insane to think about it.

3 Likes

I said Nintendo, not Microsoft. It’s entirely possible and even likely that you’re right, I just don’t want to take it as a fact :slightly_smiling_face:

That aside, I don’t like comparing lists in general so I’ll just say that I’m extremely satisfied with my investment in an extended Game Pass Ultimate subscription :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thinking of subscribing to GP on the long term now? :stuck_out_tongue:

I am currently subscribed until March 2023, considering subscribing even more months until 2024 right now.

Didn’t they say that like a month ago? I assume it doesn’t include launch games like DS.

I think they mean Death Stranding and not Demon’s Souls.

Oops you’re right

1 Like