The Forum is about to leave "beta", and we want to collect one final round of feedback

From what I’m using here, only a couple of rough spots but overall it’s a very solid experience.

• The back button (which appears when you follow a link to another post in a thread can be quite erratic), like it doesn’t always appear, or sometimes when it does it doesn’t really take you back but instead to another post.
  • In the same sense, it would be nice if it was more easily triggerable. Like when you scroll up a bit it should show up to get back at where you were when you first entered the thread. As it is it makes it unappealing to get back into a thread you haven’t seen in a while because it’s not that great to go back to see the context of the messages and then back at where you can participate.
  • Dunno why it’s like this but long posts get cut off when quoted, at least on mobile. Makes a bit hard to trim down what you want to quote because it often gets cut out
  • I also miss an option to mark posts to quote, and then create a reply that quotes all selected ones.
  • And finally, it’s not really on the software side, but I think all the above makes it really harsh to go to such big threads so I end up not even visiting, but do we really need an official OT (that while is about the studios ends up a place to suck all conversations?) in this forum? I felt like that was a necessity in other platforms because you couldn’t really have any sort of discussion outside of these threads, but here just seems like an unnecessary big thread since we could have multiple smaller ones for each talking point. Also the points above make that thread not that great to engage if you are not super active on it.
1 Like

I have found the site very enjoyable to use. As per your site aims, it does provide a smooth transition between mobile and desktop. Keep up the good work. Most importantly i dont have to visit other sites to have a civil discussion about Xbox. Thank you.

1 Like

This is a great post - thank you, I think your last point warrants some significant discussion.

i would like an ignore feature.

Scroll up, it already exists. :blush:

This new forum framework is a massive improvement.

My compliments to all of your hard work. It is massively appreciated.

Keep on moderating the fanboy out of this forum, and it shall remain golden :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I enjoy this forum a lot and visit it daily, but one thing is really bothering me lately, and that’s the amount of console warrior stuff posted by some members. Constant talk of Sony, PlayStation fans, bashing other media sites, mocking them etc. It’s just depressing. I try to ignore those posts, but it’s so prevalent that it’s hard to ignore. Why are people acting so defensively? Microsoft and Xbox are doing great lately, this is a forum for Xbox fans, so we can just talk about Xbox and celebrate it with constructive criticism, why does every thread has to have some talk about Sony and others?

3 Likes

Agree, we should try to keep away from our often times natural response of ‘‘When X is good, Y must be bad.’’ or ‘‘Y can only be good when X is bad.’’

I’ll try and be more active on moderating this. And keep discussions about these kind of topics in threads where they belong.

2 Likes

I can still see “View one hidden reply”

and I can still see people that have quoted them and what they have replied to them.

Yes, there is no option for to someone completely ignore. Some features override other ones like quoted reply shows ignored users.

So, for now, we will need to wait and see what will happen on this front in the future.

When you visit some topic and you scroll up to see previous conversations, ‘Back’ button will appear to take you to the place where you started scrolling up or next unread post. If you read whole topic till the end, and then you scroll up, ‘Back’ button will not appear cuase you already read whole thing, there ‘is no reason’ to take you back, cause you can always skip to the last post anytime. So, ‘Back’ button appears if there is unread content. I don’t think there is any other logic for app to track where is a user in the topic.

That is limit we implemented on purpose. Imagine a few users quoting any OT and what kind of chaos can start, from people seeing that and scroliing just to find oneliner :slight_smile: Now imagine scrolling past that on mobile. There is always an ‘arrow up’ as link to see whole post if is cut in quote for users who want to read it.

You can do that by highlighting part of the post or whole post, click/tap "Quote’ and quote will be added to the composer. Do that multiple times and all quotes will be added to composer in order you added them. When you are finished with quoting, go to composer and reply under each of them. If you missed something go back and quote. Your reply in the composer will be saved as a draft anyway, so don’t worry about losing anything.

Personally, not a fan of long topics that tend to become chat rooms, but we should better job branching out conversations into new threads from OT’s if talk in them goes way off topic. We also believe that once the next generation fully starts, discussions will move to more smaller/specific topics.

Sorry for taking this long to reply to you :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Could it be possible to visit our own old replays on a certain thread easily. Specially on threads which have like 500+ replys on it?

It should be an easy thing to do: go to the topic and do a Search, check ‘search this topic’, put your username, and submit.

Also, there is Advanced search (click Search icon and then Options). There are nice features to narrow your search results.

2 Likes

Is it possible to get the top header bit with the Xbox era logo to follow down the page on mobile? Because I often visit the site on my iPad and use the Xbox era logo to go back to the section with all the sub forum bits. Just a small thing that would improve the experience for myself and maybe some others haha.

It does. Download the Discourse app on your relevant app store, add the forum url and you should be good to go.

It doesn’t for me on iPad at least, see how on the bottom picture the black bar covers it. I have to scroll all the way back up to the top to see the top bar again.

Interesting! Paging @Predrag :wink:

Strange… Typing this from my iPad, looks good. Which browser is that @Daniel?

It’s on the app, not using a browser. iPad Pro 11” btw :slight_smile:

Edit; thought I would check the browser version and that seems to be fine on Chrome so it must be to do with the app.

1 Like

Yeah, just checked with app an you are right, it covers logo. They should fix that.

1 Like