The Falconeer, Fantasy Air Combat coming to Series X. Updates and news

Thanks! Pre-ordered!

1 Like

is $29.99USD the regular price or special preorder price?

I pre-ordered the game Tomas, it will be my first next-gen game! Looking forward to it! :slight_smile:

Pre order here !

With Gears Tactics and Observer Redux, I don’t know which game should I start new gen.

I saw there was an update available for The Falconeer, seems like a big improvement!

Am I the only one who just enjoys flying around in the game? The dog fights are fun, but i just love the esthetics and the motion of flying. Very relaxing.

3 Likes

Hahaha i can tell you from the stats that you are most definitely in the majority. Although just as many people grind to upgrade their bird, so some combat is also being enjoyed as well. I’ve heard from many players they will spend up to 10+ hours just exploring and leveling, in chapter I, before they even attempt the story.

I always felt that if I just had the world without conflict or combat, then it becomes just empty scenery. And the fact that if you now choose to just explore, the weight of that conflict and the potential to be a part of it makes the world more tangible. More real if you wil, not just dangerous , but Alive!. Rather than just pretty scenery.

That said most of the true secret history of the world can be glimpsed from the shrines . So doin the combat/story isnt 100% required to get a sense of the story. Tthe big reveals at chapter 3 and 4 bring much clarity on the mysteries, and do create a very coherent picture of the Ursee and its peoples.

But there is more to come for players like you! Sooo based on the stats , I’ve decided that the next update will be focused on content for you .

So exploration focused content!

There will be some combat off course. But it’s mostly more diverse side content of the exploring focused kind.

Expect that as a free update faster than you might expect. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Tease! Ever wonderred why there is that little wreckdiving sequence in the opening animation: weeeellll…

9 Likes

Thank you, Thomas. You made a really good game, absolutely worth playing

Velocity architecture is definitely not being fully used even for native games.

The devkit for June didn’t have final decompression performance, so some launch games such as dirt 5 apparently skipped it (at least going by the &dev interviews).

Then there’s sampler feedback streaming which for sure there isn’t any game using.

The 2 aspects I think are being used by launch games are the ssd raw speeds and perhaps the direct storage apis.

1 Like

Man this game at 120 is so damn smooth

with regards to velocity architecture, I am not sure, its a lower level unity thing and to be honest cuz it wasn’t fps or otherwise important (load times being quite good already), I didn’t dive into it.

I can say that the Falconeer just straight up preloads everything, including a ton of very high quality compressed audio… its absolutely the brute force approach, and it does that in under 10 seconds. That’s damn impressive. The game never needs to load ever again after that, anything that looks like a load screen upon death is actually me wanting to have a cutscene there.

The thing I wasn’t able to use yet, but will in a future update is variable rate shading, that’s supposed to give a sizeable performance boost. Thus making 4k/120 without any upsampling from 1800 a thing for the falconeer. :wink: that’d be goooood

6 Likes

also more tease

3 Likes

Whoa underwater?

alright a little update on what’s up next. I’m working on a beefy update with lots of fixes and improvements. Here is the full list;

And then here are some teasers of that, and some hmm. other stuff.
This will make its way into the game in various forms, more on that soon I hope.

10 Likes

I’ve been following your game since the Digital Foundry review, happy to see you’re continuing building uppon release, I’ll soon be one of the Falconeer :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Here’s a taste of some content a lot further away than what’s coming in a few weeks. (more on that in a few weeks).

For now I’m calling it a pocket A’tuin and its a pirate town(yes thats going to be a thing).] Enjoy

9 Likes

Wow, this looks amazing. Is that turtle just used as a floaty? :smiley:

If so, hope we can take out those pirates.

I was eagerly waiting for a sale, but I might just grab it now to support your work!

It is much appreciated. If you didn’t make the must-have indie-darling nowadays, then you should be grateful for every sale, and I am… And its what keeps me trucking. So cheers.

9 Likes

When I need a break from Cyberpunk, I boot up this game. It a perfect change of pace and it is just so smooth. It’s an experience I’ve recommended to everyone I know. If you are reading this and are in doubt or trying it - just do it!