The Callisto Protocol revealed, new game from the creators of Dead Space

From the official website:

https://www.callistothegame.com/en

“Set on Jupiter’s moon Callisto in the year 2320, The Callisto Protocol is a next-generation take on survival horror. The game challenges players to escape the maximum security Black Iron Prison and uncover its terrifying secrets. A blend of horror, action, and immersive storytelling, the game aims to set a new bar for horror in interactive entertainment.”

It is a new story-driven, single-player survival horror game from the creators of Dead Space. Coming 2022 to PC and Consoles.

The Callisto Protocol is the first game from Striking Distance Studios, a new team made of industry veterans behind games like Dead Space and Call of Duty, including studio founder and CEO Glen Schofield, and Chief Development Officer Steve Papoutsis.

Their goal? They want to make it the scariest game ever while redefining the survival horror genre.

“We’ve built a world class studio of passionate developers that is ready to once again tackle one of our all-time favorite genres—survival horror. We’re setting out to make one of the most terrifying games of all time, and we can’t wait to share more about The Callisto Protocol next year.”

—Glen Schofield, Founder and CEO, Striking Distance Studios

ABOUT THE DEVELOPER

“Based in San Ramon, CA, in the San Francisco Bay Area, Striking Distance Studios is a AAA development studio committed to crafting thought-provoking immersive experiences, driven by a passion for quality and excellence. Striking Distance is helmed by Glen Schofield, the creator of Dead Space and founder of Sledgehammer Games.”

I’m personally ultra hyped cause I love Dead Space so much so I’m all in. Are you interested in this game?

Feel free to discuss!

Enjoy!

5 Likes

It’s a ways off, but I very much have my eye on the game. Everything about it screams spiritual successor to Dead Space, which is right up my alley since Dead Space 1+2 are so good.

Is it weird that I immediately worry that Sony paid them off not to release on Xbox whenever a new game gets announced without concrete platforms mentioned?

2 Likes
2 Likes

When Glen left Activision, I was hoping Microsoft would give him a studio, but unfortunately that didn’t happen. Anyway, I’m excited for The Callisto Protocol.

1 Like

I cant wait to see more from this game loved Dead Space

I’m so glad Glenn got the chance to make another game similar to Dead Space. In a video where he was explaining a certain scene in Dead Space he said that one day he hopes to make a game like this again.

Let’s go!!! I love Dead Space 1 and 2. Can’t wait to see what this will be like.

2 Likes

That was a great interview, in that video he looked so excited about the series and I am very happy that he will try something on the action/horror again with The Callisto Protocol. The whole studio (with Papoutsis also on board) sounds like a dream team, Visceral reborn from the ashes let’s go!

DS1 & DS2 are two of my favorite games ever so I am super excited for this game. Just imagine how good this will look on the Series X…oh god. :open_mouth: :wink:

2 Likes

Dead Space 1 is one of my favorite games ever so I’ll keep an eye on this one. (I loved Dead Space 2 as well but in a different way.) Good stuff.

Added it to my game list once TGA ended. Definitely interested in the game and will wait to see how it all plays out as the game gets closer to release in 2022.

The name sounds pretentious.

Dead Space was simple.

Excited anyway.

Extended Reveal Cinematic Trailer -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrp4VBijA2g

2 Likes

Excellent! Will ad to the op. Thanks!

1 Like

I was shopping around for the cheapest pre-order for this and noticed there are separate skus for Xbox One and Series X (charging extra for Series X). It’s the first time I’ve bought a game for Series X that doesn’t appear to use smart delivery. Is this becoming a common thing with third parties now?

Some of them, yes. 2K are a good example of that with their titles.

1 Like