The Callisto Protocol - Docuseries

I posted these in the hangout thread the other day, but that thread moves fast as hell and very cool stuff like this can easily be missed for people that check out that thread not nearly as much and often as some of us. I find these two videos are worthy of a thread.

It looks absolutely fantastic, definitely what I’d call current gen worthy and the audio from what we hear in the video (especially during the audio segment of the series) is awesome and I love how clearly important it is to the developers, which I agree with too. Great audio can make a world of difference.

Before I watched these I was a little on the fence about it still, but after having seen it I am very excited. I really hope they deliver with this one, it sure looks like it will. I would say these two videos are a must watch. I love this kind of stuff and I hope we get more stuff like this from devs for upcoming games.

3 Likes

Very cool!

2 Likes

I’m on blackout for Callisto. I’ll watch the launch trailer but that’s it. Looking forward to Callisto.

2 Likes

Especially the part where they show the engine, the unique music instrument to make some truly disturbing and eerie sound. Love that kind of stuff. Just great to hear devs talk about their game while showing bits of gameplay, just like the Dead Space Remake tech videos. One about Hellblade 2 would be awesome too.

One for Starfield I’d probably skip, seen enough! :slight_smile:

Is it a day one purchase for you? I think I will wait and see what some sources that I trust say. I’ve never let any review decide my purchase decision, but if a game gets 7s or even lower all across the board I might just wait and not get it full price.

3 Likes

Those videos are great, really liked the first two so far! seeing some horror legends in there like Sean Cunningham and Tom Savini aka The Godfather of Gore is so fuckin’ cool. :partying_face:

Also a little trivia: Horror masters John Carpenter and Dario Argento were involved in the development of the first Dead Space, Carpenter was in an advisory role and Argento did a voice over for the Italian version of the game. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Freaking awesome. Maybe that’s why John would love to make a Dead Space movie. If anyone, it has to be him.

1 Like

Yes. Already have it pre-ordered at GameStop for Series X. Callisto looks great and the brutality looks insane. Plus, I will be playing Dead Space Remake day one as well which im more hyped for than Callisto but still want to see how Callisto turns out.

Reviews rarely if ever affect me in regards to the games I want to play. It’s more of if I don’t play it day one, the probability that I eventually get spoiled for the game increases but even more so, the longer I wait, the less interest I have in playing the game because new games are releasing or right around the corner and it’s like, do I really want to go back to play an older game when I have new stuff im more hyped for?

And finally, im trying not to have a backlog at any given time because I know as has been proven with previous generations, once too much time passes, im simply not going to play these older games.

2 Likes

This can now function as the thread for the game.

2 Likes

I just pre ordered as its not coming to gamepass day one. Looks kind of like gears of war with more malee

New one!

1 Like

Damn son, the marketing is on fire! I’m posting, but I’m probably coming to a point where I skip them too, haha.

Audio design sounds pretty awesome! can’t wait for this game.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/gghRJv_tdb0

3 Likes

Incredible trailer.

2 Likes

Roll on 2 weeks. Has come quite quickly.

2 Likes

I am definitely not watching this but good to know that the trailer is awesome! 2 more weeks! :partying_face:

2 Likes
1 Like