The Big ol' Xbox 3rd Party Releases Discussion Thread (HiFi, SoT, Pentiment, Grounded)

He’s well known in the Gears community.

Playing Gears with a PS controller…* shivers*

3 Likes

That’s an excellent way to kill the Xbox brand, especially if you consider the history behind Gears.

Let’s be ignorant and let folks of another thread deal with this info.

For now let’s focus on something more positive., do not want to deal with this here for god sake.

1 Like

Bringing Gears over to PS would not be what I consider babysteps.

But Microsoft will do whatever tf they want. So who really knows.

Tjere is no way they will announce it for PS at their show though. If this stuff is even true, of course.

5 Likes

Being a Gears content creator doesn’t mean you know anything

5 Likes

At this point I am in the same boat, the community showed the Xbox leadership/MS that they don’t like this so we can’t do much anymore so there’s nothing left to do but waiting and seeing how this unfolds. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Yep, it’s a big, biiiiiiiig if, this one. I’m not willing to say I don’t believe it at all, but this wouldn’t be wise, true that. Yeah, let’s keep it in the dedicated thread.

5 Likes

Yes. The moment regulators require allowing third party stores on consoles is when every console manufacturer should go mutiplatform. At that point it makes no sense not having your own store everywhere.

I think it already exist, since they want to have their own store on mobile rather than give Google and Apple a cut of the money.

You don’t see Sony or Nintendo doing this. It would be a really bad move for Xbox but I think they are gonna do it anyway

I’m pretty confident Xbox is going to go full multi platform now. I just ask that they please release a PlayStation compatable Xbox controller with the shapes but buttons etc. I hate the stick layout on dual sense

1 Like

Yep. Porting gears, halo or forza is where i draw the line. I kinda accepted the inevitable already and i m ready to leave xbox behind and go full pc. I ll maybe sub to gp for a month here and there but thats it.

1 Like

I’m sticking with Xbox as main, also for the next gen. That is my plan. Got too big of a backlog of games, DLC to just do away with it all. Nor is it necessary. I don’t give a fuck about Microsoft, it’s a company, it’s business. They don’t give a fuck about me either, just about my money. Brand loyalty is bullshit, but I do happen to prefer Xbox as console…by far.

If they make a great next Xbox, Game Pass remains great, third parties don’t start to abandon Xbox, I’m gonna be good for many years to come. It just all remains to be seen what’s gonna happen in these upcoming years until next gen starts for Xbox.

1 Like

Nothing about the results of their 4 game experiment scream go full multiplatform to me.

7 Likes

Feeling “pretty confident” about anything in the gaming industry seems hasty.

6 Likes

It’s funny being confident when Xbox doesn’t even know what they are doing lol

3 Likes

I mean at this point, if (BIG if), Gears Collection is real and is simultaneously releasing on Xbox and PS, why hiding PS logo in the trailers? Wouldnt MS want to sell that version of the game too?

I would make Gears 6 at least timed exclusive though.

Times are changing.

If they go by Sea Of Thieves, probably yes. Online games with multiplayer components, yes. Not sure about niche single player games.

New “Insider” meta

Take a rumor from last year

add “May come to PS5”

Watch the retweets flow

9 Likes

As your response was very polite.

revisionistic is not a word. COD has always been a big seller on PlayStation.

That won’t happen. Regulators don’t have that jurisdiction and never will. That is incorrect.