The Big ol' Xbox 3rd Party Releases Discussion Thread (HiFi, SoT, Pentiment, Grounded) (Part 2)

On exclusivity:

"Well, on Doom, it’s definitely one of those franchises that has a history on so many devices. I think they have Doom running on a lawnmower somewhere. It’s a franchise I think everybody deserves to play and to be honest, I was in a meeting with Marty and the team a couple of years ago and I asked Marty what he wanted to do and he wanted to ship it on all platforms and I said ‘Let’s go do that.’ Like, it was simple as that.

Now, I want to bring it back though because I get a lot of questions about ‘Hey, if I’m an Xbox owner, what does it mean?’ and what I want to say, and I think it showed up in the show today. You saw an amazing collection of games that are coming to Xbox, that are going into Game Pass day one, and Game Pass showed up so well. If you buy the game on our console, you get to play on PC, if you buy the game on PC you get to (play on console). So the cross-entitlement stuff is all there. We’re focused on future hardware with forward compatibility.

Our commitment to our Xbox customers is that you’re going to get the opportunity to buy of subscribe to the game. We’re going to support the game on other screens. And you are going to see more of our games on more platforms, and we just see that as a benefit to the franchises we’re building and we see that from players and the players love being able to play."

I fail to see how Xbox gamers win here, especially with Sony cutting out Xbox on multiplats even + moneyhats.

17 Likes