The BC Thread (UPDATE ON FPS BOOST)

I wish they’d provide the users the ability to enable FPSBoost on those titles where it mostly worked, place a caveat on them saying there are portions where it may break so user will have to toggle it off if/when they run into it. Maybe even place it behind a different setting.

1 Like

Yeah, I just don’t see that happening. I actually appreciate how respectful Xbox is with their publishing partners, and allowing them to have final say over the feature being implemented. It sort of gives a “quality stamp of approval” feel to it.

1 Like

Getting ready to put a bunch of my collection on eBay and I realized I have a copy of May Payne 3. Score!

2 Likes

further details directly from Jason Ronald: don’t expect any more FPS Boost titles in the near future. They did a lot of work and testing but with their current technology they exhausted the pool of suitable games.

3 Likes

It sucks that everything involving BC just kinda… Ended, but they raised the bar when it comes to that stuff. Nearly remastered versions of games that we already had sitting on our shelves is definitely a new high.

Do we know what the team is going to be working in next?

:frowning:

Presumably more resolution boosts?

Jez said they joined the xcloud team

I was kind of hoping they would eventually bring the BC to Windows as well.

1 Like

Yeah, would make sense (for Xbox One at a minimum). Wonder if there are licensing issues in making third party Xbox games playable on PC.

I wish more people will actually understand that this is a technical obstacle. But no, we’ll continue to see tweets for years about “Stop being lazy MS, I want [Game X] FPS boosted!”

Lol, even just reading the first few responses to that damn tweet and you got “There’s no reason you couldn’t have done Ryse” and “There’s no reason you couldn’t have done Jet Set Radio.” People can really be ungrateful twerps.

3 Likes

You said it. It’s a kind of cognitive bias, I suspect: the people who are the loudest are the ones who have no notion of how difficult this was to pull off, technically and logistically.

Of course I’m disappointed that I didn’t get everything I wanted but I’m also an adult person who can reason that I got a lot out of something when I had no reason to expect anything at all. The mature thing to do is to be grateful and hope for more down the line.

Edit: Also want to point out that this initiative was one of the clinchers in my switching from PS4 to Xbox One last year. I hope that even though it’s reached its natural end, its legacy continues and we can keep playing enhanced BC games in the future for console generations to come.

2 Likes

Give us Super Res so we can only focus on 60fps games going forward please.

Kinda odd that sonic generations is in 4k but unleashed is still at sub 1080p I would like if they could get the resolution increased since both got fps boost