The Ascent Delayed to 2021, Launches on Game Pass, New Gameplay

Originally set for 2020, but now coming next year.

7 Likes

Cool, wasn’t sure if it would be coming to Xbox Game Pass, so nice to know now. I’ll be playing on launch then.

2 Likes

Happy to hear it’s coming to Game Pass.

2 Likes

Good for them, i think it will find a audience like Wasteland 3

1 Like

sweet, was going to buy day one, but it’s good to know it will be on gamepass

3 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

on one hand the delay is a bit disappointing. on the other hand i like free stuff.

2 Likes

Delay is disappointing. Hopefully not too long to wait

1 Like

I have had my eyes on this game since the initial reveal. Glad we finally got some news, hope it’s early 2021.

2 Likes

This is a classic good news and bad news lol: The game is delayed but it is now coming to Gamepass.

I accepted it was delayed months ago, but glad it is coming to Gamepass though.

3 Likes

The Ascent was my favorite game from the May show. A Diablo type of game with 8 way shooter mechanics set in a Cyberpunk universe. Also looks damned good for an 11 man dev team. These are the types of games and devs that I can see blowing up due to Game Pass exposure.

2 Likes

Same. Really good looking game & really impressive for such a team.

Definitely one of the most exciting indie projects so it’s awesome to get it “free” :slight_smile:

Awesome to see this coming to Game Pass. Is this local or online co-op? If it’s online I could play with my friend.

Ambiance and graphics look great. The shooting too.

It’s interesting… I just discovered something about myself. Before this news, the game was barely on my radar. I would certainly not buy it, so no interest in trailers, info or what have you, just a “meh”. Now though? It’s coming to Xbox Game Pass and all of a sudden I know I will have it available day 1, which means I’m very interested, looking up trailers etc…

I think I’m an Xbox Game Pass-gamer first now, lol.

Bright Memory Infinite was my favorite game from the May show but The Ascent was right behind it. I’m happy that the game was delayed though. Small team needing more time isn’t a surprise and getting out of the Holiday 2020 launch window is a better idea anyway as it will give the game a better chance at success. Add Game Pass and they should have an even greater chance at success.

1 Like

The environment has a CGi look to it, reminds me of the old fallouts. I also like that it is not turn based.

Definitely! I would love for inxile to make a isometric fallout after playing wasteland 3. Definitely looking forward to The Ascent.

Looking awesome. Loving the destruction, the verticality of the gameplay as they put it, and the cutscene quality at the end was a bit unexpected too.