The Activision-Blizzard games that could hit Game Pass once the deal closes (spoiler: A LOT)

I tried to make a list of what we could potentially expect on Game Pass console (when the deal closes) regarding the Activision library (did Activision-Blizzard ever supported Game Pass ? I don’t think they ever added a single game on the service).

MS said they would “offer as many Activision Blizzard games as we can” on Game Pass.

• COD Classic (not BC)

• COD Finest Hour (not BC)

• COD 2

• COD 2: Big Red One (not BC)

• COD 3

• COD World at War

• COD WWII

• COD Vanguard

• COD Modern Warfare Remastered

• COD Modern Warfare 2

• COD Modern Warfare 2 Remastered (Campaign only)

• COD Modern Warfare 3

• COD Modern Warfare 2019

• COD Modern Warfare 2022 (assuming the Sony marketing deal doesn’t prevent this)

• COD Black Ops

• COD Black Ops 2

• COD Black Ops 3

• COD Black Ops 4

• COD Black Ops: Cold War

• COD Ghosts

• COD Advanced Warfare

• COD Infinite Warfare

• COD Warzone

• Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2

• Overwatch

• Diablo II Resurrected

• Diablo III

• Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time

• Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled

• Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy

• Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (not BC)

• Crash Twinsanity (not BC)

• Crash of the Titans (not BC)

• Crash: Mind over Mutant (not BC)

• Spyro: Reignited Trilogy

• Spyro: A Hero’s Tail (not BC)

• The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning (not BC)

• The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (not BC)

• Prototype

• Prototype 2

• Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions

• Quake 4 (not BC)

• Return to Castle Wolfenstein (not BC)

• Wolfenstein 2009 (not BC)

Not sure who would decide when Activision is the publisher ? Like for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (I guess ABK still owns the publishing rights) ?

There is also a ton of Skylanders games but I’m not sure if it can be played without the figures that were sold with the games (never played it) and those aren’t BC as of now:

• Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure

• Skylanders: Imaginators

• Skylanders: SuperChargers

• Skylanders: Trap Team

• Skylanders: Swap Force

• Skylanders Giants

• Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure

Don’t know what they will do with these old games. Those aren’t BC as of now:

• True Crime: Streets of LA

• Blur

• Singularity

• Pitfall: The Lost Expedition

• MTX Mototrax

• Gun

• Apache: Air Assault

• Metal Arms: Glitch in the System

• Scarface: The World Is Yours

• Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions

Activision also developed (or only published) these games but in most cases there would probably be various licensing issues to solve, not sure they would bother, those games are old too:

• The Simpsons: Hit & Run

• GoldenEye 007 Reloaded

• 007: Quantum of Solace

• James Bond 007: Blood Stone

• Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

• Kelly Slater’s Pro Surfer

• Marvel Ultimate Alliance

• Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

• Deadpool

• Spider-Man (2002)

• Spider-Man 2 (2004)

• Ultimate Spider-Man

• Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

• Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

• The Amazing Spider-Man

• The Amazing Spider-Man 2

• X-Men Legends

• X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse

• X-Men Origins: Wolverine

• Transformers: Devastation

• Transformers: War for Cybertron

• Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

• Hulk

• The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

• The Thing

• Robert Ludlum’s The Bourne Conspiracy

Also a lot of old Tony Hawk’s games but they will probably be satisfied enough with Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2.

Anyway I hope they will make the remaining COD games backward-compatible, add some FPS boosts and remaster/remake Modern Warfare 3 and World at War during this gen. Having the entire COD saga at the same place on Game Pass in full glory would be so exciting and definitely huge. By the end of the gen, they could have like almost 30 Call of Duty games on the service.

At some point, MS will need to do something similar to Disney + or the concept from Klobrille with an entire section dedicated to Call of Duty lol

6 Likes

All of them please. No excuses. If 1up and Atgames can figure it out for those home arcade machines then it’s possible even for the really old stuff. Also don’t forget EA found a way to get Burnout/skate and Rockstar found a way to get GTA trilogy. Rights can be negotiated for the right price.

1 Like

The guy that made UI/UX for Disney+ recently joined Activision so MS can make gamepass look something like Disney+ if MS wants to .

1 Like

if only all the Tony Hawks could be played… American Wasteland and THPS 4… pls

Fun Fact: Black Ops 3 went up on the most played list due to sales. Imagine with Game Pass.

Some of these games were 6/10 or 7/10 (or 8/10) at the time. I didn’t put everything, especially anything 5/10 or below I think (Activision and Vivendi published a toooon of trash games in the 2000s).

I think MS wants to stay more or less selective in what they add to Game Pass. Like I can see them add the Crash games (after making backward-compatible) even if those aren’t great so you have most of the series on Game Pass. Maybe Spyro too. But some other old games, not so sure. I think it depends if there is nostalgia associated to those or if they are still enjoyable for the modern audience.

I saw there was a ton of Tony Hawk’s games but never played the series so I don’t know if they would bother when they have the remaster from 2020.

Tony Hawk’s 5 is sure a no-go, that game seems pure trash according to the reviews scores I saw.

everything after Underground 2 was pretty bad, that is, until 1 + 2 remake

So many put them all in