That Insomniac Leaks spoiler filled discussion

They’ve convinced their fans that every single game should be a 300 Million dollar “banger”.

Gamepass works because it can provide every sort of game, every genera, every budget.

3 Likes

It tells me that Microsoft can either be doing a head start (subscription) or too much of a head start (online only).

https://x.com/gamers4lmedia/status/1739068213931942180?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

So apparently, the whole narrative was that quick resume will count the hours, which would mean Starfield wasn’t really played 40 hours average. Turns out that was a lie.

9 Likes

The “usuals” will try to come up with any copium they can

6 Likes

Of course it was a lie. Also no quick resume on PC.

3 Likes

Gamepass works because it has the backing of a trillion dollar company.

Sony legitimately can’t afford to do what Gamepass does.

If this happened to us our entire info security team would be on the street pretty quick and a few others most likely. You are spot on.

1 Like

Wow, the difference between this and that slide up there is pretty stark. Things definitely aren’t as rosy as they seemed for Sony and I’m genuinely a bit concerned with their position.

I think I said earlier that their shift to GaaS makes sense in light of their profit margins, but now I’m hearing that they’re changing course on that. Is there much to that or is it wishful thinking extrapolated from the Factions debacle?

they aren’t really changing course, a few of the planned GAAS projects didn’t pan out. But they are still investing heavily in those games.

3 Likes

The source code from GTAV is leaked with some on 6 and others. Let’s see if these journalist who said not to cover keeps their words.

6 Likes

Insomniac, Ubisoft and R* in the space of a week, wtf is going on

1 Like

Screenshots of spiderman 2 on PC are out

1 Like

I think they could afford it, but why would they go that route if they move a lot of units within launch window. Both EA and Ubisoft offer a subscription that provides day one launches.

If I were Sony I would possibly have day one releases or quick window for some games to go extra/premium. For example, I feel a game like Hell Diver should launch day one on the service. However, a game like Sackboy and even Ratchet would benefit launching on Extra/Premium or have a quick window when it appears on the service. However, i guess the risk of that is it will make the games look of lesser value

4 Likes

Ubisoft got lucky in compare, Rockstar might go World War on hacker(s), and Insomniac is just unfortunate.

They had there shot though when Xbox first launched gamepass they could have easily pivoted but they doubled down on AAA, massive projects and got their fan base in the mindset that subscriptions are bad!!

The next few years for Sony are going to be interesting to say the least as will they pivot to smaller projects like the documents show, and try to make ps+ into a gamepass rival, maybe continue into the gaas play and press forward or pivot back to AAA games with balloon budgets and hope for the best

3 Likes

Going into this generation, I have always thought that Sony should (but wouldn’t) put their smaller first party games on PlayStation Plus day one. Sackboy, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Demon’s Souls, Returnal and the MLB yearly games. Oh well. It is what it is.

5 Likes

Ubisoft is doing Day One releases in their subscription just fine. The reality is: Sony was in a perfect position to leapfrog Microsoft on both cloud and subscriptions (they already had the tech stack, two cloud gaming providers, and plenty of capital for the majority of that generation), and Sony simply expected to coast off their moneyhats and the Propaganda News Networks without having to adjust to market conditions. These excuses bandied about to defend shit decisions by the market leader are laughable.

19 Likes

This isn’t true.

11 Likes

Agreed if it was true, the FTC would be right in making sure Ms didn’t merge with activision.

8 Likes

I also believe their small games should be day one PC releases because by releasing them that late is only killing their sales potential, far more than their bigger releases.

2 Likes