Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown releases on September 22, 2022

Originally published at: Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown releases on September 22, 2022 - XboxEra

Publisher Nacon released today a new cinematic trailer for Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown, and confirmed that the game will be released for both Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One on September 22, 2022.

This is the first title in the series since 2012’s Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends, and the third game in the franchise’s open world Unlimited series. It is also the first game in the series to be published by Nacon since they acquired the intelectual property from Atari in 2016.

A driving and lifestyle experience unlike any other. The brand new Test Drive Unlimited keeps the DNA from the first games, and revamps it for the modern era. You have the freedom to progress however you like, the classic open championship concept returns too. Live your best life. Race, cruise, and hang out with your friends until the sun goes down and even after!

With confirmed marques so far being Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Koenigsegg, Apollo, Dodge and Bugatti, you’ll have to really work your way up to have the privilege to drive them. Customisation is not reserved for your cars only, but for your avatar as well and even better than ever. You’ve got to dress to impress.

KT Racing and legendary Game Developer of TDU1 and TDU2 Alain Jarniou bring their driving simulation expertise to apply a strong development foundation. Discover a brand new vast and vibrant real-world location that’s been built at 1:1 scale. This is your Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown.

2 Likes

I’ve not played a TDU game before but I think this has the potential to be something really cool. Looking forward to seeing more!

I’m super hyped for this. I loved the first 2. The 2nd one was buggy as hell and never fixed but it had so much potential!!!

1 Like

I played the first Test Drive unlimited on the Xbox 360 and really liked it back then. The new Trailer gives me a lot of Forza Horizon Vibes to be honest

Driving around a 1:1 recreation of Hong Kong sounds exciting. This game made a nice first impression with the cinematic trailer and it sounds ambitious.

Yeah. Test drive was pretty much the prototype for Horizon before Horizon came out

1 Like

Not sure why, but this makes me long for a new Midnight Club. I loved that series. Or a new “Rush” game, similar to 2049…yeah, I’m old!

1 Like

CGI again. Oof. Come on show the game. Will wait for real gameplay. Loved the 1st TDU back in the 360 days my favourite racing game. Hope this one will live up to the legend. Really curious to see how they will differentiate themselves Forza from Horizon 5. Hong kong is a great setting.

I thought Atari owned the IP

new offroad trailer dropped. looks good but where are the dust particles?