Take-Two to acquire mobile gaming giant Zynga for $12.7B – TechCrunch

I mean I haven’t heard of that company in a while. I thought they were like Atari, fell off the glory days. So it surprised me they cost that much.

Bethesda was $8B this is over $12B. It’s more like 50-60% more expensive not really almost double lol. Still a lot of money.

I was going by the 7.5 bill number. Double of which is 15, so almost double is 12 in my head lmao, of course 3 billion more can bag a whole ass publisher in itself I know, but yeah, cut me some slack smh :sob:

their games were more mainstream when facebook was still something people didn’t fucking detest with every fiber of their being. I know because I used to play a lot of Farmville back when I was a small kid, in fact almost everyone I knew did (and the game was built on community sharing and visiting, almost like animal crossing so it makes sense). Facebook was what contained a lot of their popular games and once that website fell out of the supposed mainstream, so did Zynga’s popularity, but neither of them ever stopped actually still making shit tons of money, they just weren’t talked about as much anymore. Now they’re making the Star Wars game on Switch and mobile, which will probably take off big.

Let the 2022 acquisitions begin.

1 Like

Can’t believe the indie studio Hazelight was able to buy Zynga. Big leagues stuff, good for them!

8 Likes

Damn same here, cityville, Farmville, car town, ninja saga those Facebook games were just something else back in the school days

2 Likes

:pensive:

1 Like

I hope you’re right!

1 Like

But not for Xbox.

Video Games GIF by South Park

But what about Mafia Wars?!?

Math issues aside, this is what absolutely kills me about this deal. I felt similarly about Bethesda going for $7.5B vs. Lucasfilm going for $4B, in that I didn’t realize all these companies’ comparative values.

This is not to say that anyone overpaid or got a bargain or anything. I’m sure these businesses know what they’re doing and what they’re worth. I was just surprised, as it doesn’t match my preconceived notions about their worth in dollars.

I have no doubt as to their worth to me as a gamer, but that’s obviously a different discussion and entirely subjective.

1 Like

Seems the markets aren’t too hot on the deal. As many analysts are saying, too expensive and probably too late for take two

1 Like

Buy on rumors, sell on news. Makes perfect sense why stock value dropped.

1 Like

Mobile gaming is less about content quality and more about effective and proven content delivery to 2 or 3bn Android/iOS users. The valuation is all about the long tail and pennies being gathered from this rather massive userbase, leading to some astronomical revenue figures.

That is why you saw Supercell go for 8bn before the inflation season going on now in the world of acquisitions.

The only one large mobile independent studio might be Rovio with a lot of ex Nokia folks.

T2 had to either sell, or buy a mobile studio to fund a 10 year dev cycle with Rockstar, imho.

DonnyM after his turbulent years at xbox and taking over a failing Zynga (lower Facebook gameplay numbers at the time) seems to have given them a good exit.

2 Likes

Buy the dip

What in the ever loving fuck tarnation