Originally published at: Survival Horror Multiplayer 'The Outlast Trials' Launches March 5, 2024 for Xbox Consoles - XboxEra
Developer Red Barrels has announced at The Game Awards that it is bringing its survival horror multiplayer The Outlast Trials to PC, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles on the 5th of March, 2024.
The Outlast Trials, is a brand new take on the acclaimed Outlast survival horror series, set in the same terrifying universe as the previous titles, only this time you can choose to play on your own or with friends in a team of up to four people.
Set in the height of the Cold War era, players take on the role of test subjects abducted by the shadowy Murkoff Corporation. Imprisoned in a secret Murkoff facility, players will be thrust into a series of physical and mental ordeals, tormented by iconic characters, and challenged alone or in teams to survive with their sanity intact.
Launched into Early Access on PC during May 2023, The Outlast Trials has been a phenomenal success, with over 1.5 million copies sold worldwide. For the V1 launch of the game on March 5, 2024, Red Barrel’s will be unveiling a terrifying new trial – Toy Factory, where test subjects are pitted against the psychotic Mother Gooseberry. In addition, there are several new features in the V1 update, including new MK challenges created specifically for Toy Factory, full console and controller support, new character customization options, outfits and an increased level cap.
The Outlast Trials V1 Launch
- Console Support – Now PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox® Series X|S and Xbox One® gamers can take on the Trials!
- New Trial – All-new Toy Factory trial pitting subjects against the fearsome Mother Gooseberry.
- New MK-Challenges – Designed for the Toy Factory environment.
- Full Controller Support – Controller, vibrations and select different controller layouts to fit your playstyle.
- New Evidence Documents – Continue to learn more about the Murkoff backstory and the Outlast lore.
- New Character Customization – Many new pieces of cosmetics to unlock.
- New Cell Decorations – Decorate your cell with new cosmetics.
- New Legendary Outfits – Acquire new reborn legendary outfits.
- Increased Level Cap – Continue your therapy up to level 65.
- New Amps – Fine tune your loadout with many new Amps.
- Weekly Programs – Comeback every week to experience new therapies.
- Plus… many more quality of life improvements, balancing and bug fixes.
Have a gander at the YouTube video and gallery below for more information on The Outlast Trials.