Strange dust residue on Xbox Series X 😯

Yeah, tts very odd, it came off easy enough though. It may be just something left on from manufacturing, or the plastic had the reaction to a certain type of dust? The only extra dust ive been producing is dust from drilling red bricks and cutting kitchen tiles which also prouces a red dust, could be temperature related somtimes i dont have the heating on and in England it does get very cold.

I will just say I think its best to clean the series X with a dry and clean microfibre cloth, no cleaning products, if you do spill some wine or coke or sauce on it I think a little water is best and then dry it off.

Mine has a similar residue but it covered the entire system. It almost looks like a condensation appearing on sections that are heating/cooling at different rates. It wipes off very easily, but it came back again after some time. I wiped it off with a microfiber cloth. I’ll keep tracking it since I just got the console I don’t have much of an understanding of the cause.

I love the finish on the console and have a feeling it’s just temporary, maybe something in my house, like from a humidifier.

1 Like

Yikes!

This is what mine was like, but it was not noticeable from the rooms main light, only when I flashed a flashlight on it, however daylight may have also exposed it, since making this thread I have checked my seriesX about 3 times and the same residue has not come back.

Im not trying to cause alarm or create some console warrior narritive, but maybe there is some weird reason with the plastic/hardware why this is happening. The plastic does attracked finger marks more so then other black matte plastics, so maybe it is susceptible to certain types of dust.

That looks almost like limescale?!

There is no water in the seriesX, i think the type of plastic used is just susceptible to certain dusts, i bet if someone did an experiment exposeing the series X to different types of dust they would eventually be able to achieve the same residue.

Just out of my interest, when was your seriesX made? You can see a date on a sticker just above the back vent on the right hand side, maybe theres a correlation.

Mine was the same, it’s just dust buildup due to how porous the sides are and wiped off with a microfiber cloth with no issue.

Woah.

I wonder if the consoles still have some sort of chemical residue on them from the manufacturing.