Still waiting on that Xbox Next Gen wow moment

Where is that mic drop moment that Xbox has been promising us? Could it be the price, or maybe the long rumored Lockhart console or even game play of an exclusive we haven’t heard about yet? The long promised “mic drop” moment could be coming this month for all we know, or in the next couple months. Xbox players have been waiting for years since Phil Spencer took over for them to stop holding back and show us what Xbox can really do. I know I will be preordering the world’s most powerful console as soon as they announce it but what about the others who are on the fence? July’s Xbox showcase was good in my opinion but I don’t think it was enough to give people a reason to buy into Xbox’s next gen consoles. We’ll see what X will give us in the next couple months leading up to launch.

5 Likes

I think they have saved those moments for later imo

For me mic drop moments are either studio acquisitions, partnerships or price announcements.

3 Likes

From Xbox Game Studios, this is the entire next gen wow moment…

17 Likes

That game is very wow, I agree. Not something i would personally play but dang its gorgeous…

Will it get people to buy a Series X though? Maybe…

When the Multiplayer Paywall goes away, that will def be a Mic Drop moment. Just wait :wink:

As for games? I think you’re gonna have to wait a while. Late next year at the very earliest. I still think '22 or '23 is where we’ll see the games that really Wow us.

6 Likes

Waiting as patiently as i can… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Not sure if they will buy a Series X for it. But with it coming to Xbox, they might buy an Xbox for it. Most people don’t have gaming PCs. I wouldn’t buy an Xbox for this one game. I would buy the next Xbox for Halo Infinite though. I am getting it day one either way, so all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not coming this year from either of the consoles. Just a reality of how heavily cross gen this launch appears to be. Going to have to wait until 2021, though if they can get Floght Sim out that would definitely count.

2 Likes

There is nothing to be wowed by because they haven’t shown us any gameplay. Halo Infinite was supposed to be that game but we all saw how that turned out. It doesn’t even have a single next gen graphical feature. There’s nothing for the SX as of now that wowed me like Ryse did for XB1.

2 Likes

I was really waiting for them to show off Forza Motorsport gameplay to really give me that next gen wow moment. I thought that would be for sure with Turn 10 taking an extra year to develop. Heck, I though it would be for sure a launch title for the Series X…

2 Likes

Xbox Series X and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate ready day 1 YEPP :smiley:

1 Like

Nobody has promised a mic drop moment. What Xbox need to do is show a good set of big games running on their machine. It’s wild we are still waiting for this in August. Show us how it runs multiplats best.

1 Like

We might have to wait for the Digital Foundry breakdowns for that sadly…

You are thinking in old school technology terms I’d you expect XGS to sell you a console. They are selling you an ecosystem with a low barrier to entry

1 Like

The comparisons sure. But you can’t seriously suggest they can launch a console without people seeing games running on it? Even I might not be keen on jumping in day one in that case. They absolutely HAVE to show their console running some new games. Not a PC but their actual console. Normally I’d go to a console event to get hands on with the new system but that’s not an option this year. Sony have shown a couple of things on their console. Xbox has to do this and fast.

1 Like

In the longer term. But right now they need to convert as many current Xbox owners into gamepass subs and the most likely way to do that is keeping them in the hardware ecosystem with series X. I just don’t see many gamepass subs (non PC ones) from gamers who decide not to buy a new Xbox in the next 2 years…

1 Like

I think August/September when they get into specifics on console/strategy is where the moments are more likely.

Price mic drop potential. Release date, I still wonder if they’re going to drop before November to be first Studio acquisitions - I bet we’ll see 1-2 before console launch.

I also wonder if there is a BC announcement coming that will floor people. They were doing backend stuff and a lot of delisted games came up recently, so something is happening it seems.

1 Like

MGS Remake Exclusively for Xbox :craig:

Do It Phil

1 Like

With what Xbox has shown so far, I feel that they’re really banking on the value of Xbox Gamepass as their main strategy.

I agree though, Xbox needs to show more to really get people to invest in next gen, especially for their consoles.

Getting hands on these consoles would’ve been great too…

Their moment will be price, Gamepass, and Multiplayer being free.

3 Likes