Starfield |OT| You're Finally Awake... In Space! [NO SPOILERS]

Fuuuuuuck if this comes out this year, wont get my Hope’s up but fuuuuck

1 Like

All I care is the release schedule of Starfield and Halo Infinite.

Yes, they’re not the same, but similar as SciFi and shooter.

Hope one is late September and the other mid November

Even if it doesn’t make it this year, i don’t think it will be much longer than early next year. Shpeshal_Ed like many others have now said it’s planned for this year, so unless something totally goes awry…i think we’ll play this by March at the latest. Has to.

1 Like

“It’s not even really their game! and GOTY should have been Returnal, anyway”

sly GIF

2 Likes

GOTY games don’t actually matter as long as the game is fun /s (which is true)

This is where I am at as well. All signs point to the game not being that far off in the grand scheme of things and if it does miss this year then it should come in the early months of 2022 if Xbox is still hoping to get the game out for this year. I mean we saw with WB delaying the likes of Harry Potter at the start of the year because they knew the game had too much development to go.

I removed because it was a joke apparently.

Lol I kinda know what you mean I fall for it as well xD

1 Like

It was well done though, I will give them that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

What was it?

A fake trailer.

1 Like

Do we know it is fake? Or is that just based on the trolling PS5 thing at the end? The rest of it seemed legit to me.

Don’t get me wrong. Starfield I have no doubt will be better than fallout 76. But fo76 will forever be a stain in bethesda record.

Also the type fo game 76 is. It’s just not on the level of any of their games even when it’s working.

Nobody will care tabout an online multiplayer spinoff game and its mediocre launch that is now pretty good now by the time starfield and ES6 release which is what they are known for and when FO5 eventually releases people will care even less.

2 Likes

On Wednesday June 3rd, 2015, Bethesda posted a Fallout 4 trailer 11 days before their E3 showing.

On May 29th, 2018, Bethesda streamed a “please stand by” stream for one day before releasing a teaser trailer for Fallout 76 on Wednesday, May 30th, 2018, 11 days before their E3 stream.

Perhaps on June 1st, 2021 we will get a 24 hour “prepare for launch” stream with an official teaser trailer on Wednesday, June 2nd, 11 days before E3.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

7 Likes

naah, that trailer looked fake as hell even without the trolling at the end, looked like a bunch of random stock space visualization footage and concept art all scrapped together with no coherent visual/art direction.

1 Like

That is all the original trailer for the game had too tho, lol. And this wasn’t concept art, it was modeled by someone and animated. Not saying it’s not fake since you are likely right since it otherwise would be making a lot more noise.

the original trailer was pretty much just a slow pan of one scene haha, so there’s no issue of art direction inconsistency between scenes cuz there wasn’t more than one anyway. And I wasn’t being definitive that it was concept art, only that some of it looked like it cuz it felt characteristically unpolished and not indicative of a quality I’d expect from a final production (that the original official trailer had). I’m a 3D artist myself so that’s why I was a bit more adamant in being skeptical here haha.

Also nothing or nobody is stopping concept art to be full-fledged 3D, in fact a lot more concept artists today are using 3D in their concept work rather centrally because of how easy and quick concepting in 3D has gotten with realtime viewports and robust non-destructive tools, kitbashing, etc. Just look at works from concept artists like Wojtek Fus, Jama Jurabaev over at Lucasfilm, Eytan Zana previously at Naughty Dog, Jan Urschel, Maciej Kuciara, Ash Thorp, Conar Cross over at Playground, I could go on, they all use 3D rather extensively.

Here’s Wojtek’s work on Love Death and Robots that he was breaking down on twitter today

https://twitter.com/WojtekFus/status/1393970669185032197

https://twitter.com/WojtekFus/status/1393975315953823744

This above final scene in the netflix short is the kind of quality I expect from a current day 3D production, which the leaked trailer didn’t exude hence why I believe it’s not real, cuz if it is indeed real, I think the production simply hasn’t met modern standards which is unlikely given how streamlined the modern vfx/cinematics pipeline is. :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like