Starfield |OT| You're Finally Awake... In Space! [NO SPOILERS]

No worries Modders will take care of it and Mod in ultra graphics beautiful characters models for sex lol.

Ignoring the ridiculous sex thing, the character models and animations look quite good in Starfield.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not fussed at all about it. I mean it was possible in Witcher 3, cool to just try it out once, but after that nothing special. I’m not playing a game like Starfield for that anyway, lol.

Characters are a huge improvement over Fallout 4 for sure.

Matty has a new video and he covers the rating that the game is getting, he says it’s definitely an indication that this thing is starting to get ready for release.

But he also went to talk about the violence/gore. The 2022 footage had him a bit sad because of the lack of any blood. He says he’s a huge fan of the bloody mess perk in Fallout and this rating thing has given him hope.

It’s certainly interesting how very little is at “very strong” here but violence sure is. Now I don’t expect necessarily we can pop off limbs and heads, but blood effects (on suits, ground, wall) hopefully is all there.

Whatever details that Bethesda don’t put into Starfield?.. The modders will. BGS game modding community is the very best.

1 Like

My problem with Matty is that he forces developers to conform to what he wants. It might not be bloody because it’s not a fallout game. Not everything has to be fallout.

It’s also the same with redfall, he practically wants dishonered 3. They weren’t aiming to make another dishonered title and never said this would be a deep immersive sim. Judge it on its own merits.

2 Likes

Yeah, but for my very first playthrough I’m not messing with mods, keeping it all vanilla. Plus I want the achievements.

But in this I do get him though. There’s nothing wrong with him wanting there to be at least blood. I don’t expect something like bloody mess, but with that rating and violence at very strong I would be surprised if in terms of blood it’s still that clean as 2022.

Always appreciate a game for what it is, agreed, but I can’t deny I’d LOVE a VATS equivalent in Starfield. It’s most definitely not happening though.

1 Like

You could say marketing has begun

2 Likes

I have an issue with people who compare Redfall to Dishonored 2 unfairly. It’s an entirely separate team (besides Harvey). Austin had nothing to do with Dishonored 2. People being like, “why doesn’t Redfall have press X to stealth takedown” and it’s like, Prey didn’t have stealth takedowns! Austin and Lyon have different styles.

If anyone makes Dishonored 3, it will be Lyon, not Austin.

2 Likes

It’s more the fact they want to pigeon hole arkane into only making immersive sims. Look at respawn at ea who are now making successful Star Wars games.

1 Like

Redfall is still an immersive sim. It’s just different to what they’ve done before.

I agree though. Arkane’s whole mission is to try new things and apply immersive sim values to new concepts. We already have Dishonored 2. We already have Prey. Arkane want to challenge themselves and try new things.

4 Likes

I guarantee josh would have probably left obsidian if he didn’t make pentiment. He had clear burnout on big games. If you pigeon hole devs they will leave and you will lose talent.

7 Likes

Exactly look at Playground and they had people leave and create two new independent studios. Change is good

2 Likes
5 Likes

Event horizon??!!! Is he confirming cosmic horror in the game?!!! HECK YEAAHH.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s very, very welcome!

That creepy crawler creature we saw in the deep dive and briefly in the new footage in the new release date trailer is probably considered that too. Hoping they make it really scary too.

2 Likes

Yeah! Skyrim has their pantheon of eldritch gods with the daedra and there has been side quest in all fallout games that imply some kind of otherworldly beings living in Fallout’s universe.

But with a space setting I hope they go really crazy with it and have more part in the story!! Im so exited to see how they will explore thus aspect.

1 Like

Absolutely.

For a while many BGS fans believed Starfield would be hard sci-fi, would likely not have any strange creatures. But then we got the concept art and we saw one with big bugs, and that made it clear that it is not 100% realism and only human enemies. I do wonder how far they will go, I hope the big crawler isn’t the only creepy creature in the game, there’s so much potential here.

That’s part of the magic too, not knowing what we can expect. A brand new BGS world for us all to explore and get lost in. That’s why I hope the second deep dive won’t reveal too much. For example I hope they won’t show anything from the prologue, keep that for us to discover/experience ourselves.

2 Likes

I hope that the “big bad” of the main storyline are human or humanoid enemies. The alien stuff can be the impetus for the plot and be a major aspect of a lot of side quests, but when it gets down to it I want the human conflict to be the major focus.

Had not even noticed it, but this is indeed very cool.

2 Likes