Starfield |OT| You're Finally Awake... In Space!

I’m talking about in the future when your expectations are inevitably not met. I don’t really see a problem with discussing someone’s expectations, I’m not interested in going back and forth with you about it anymore though.

Same here bro

You’re slightly off the mark. The tools issue was because the entire Software Development Kit changed. From XDK to GDK. From only targetting Xbox One to targetting Xbox One, Xbox Series, Xbox Cloud, and PC.

It was a huge change before even the newer RDNA2 stuff.

5 Likes

I am hoping whatever is running in the background of that video is running on an Xbox haha

2 Likes

I ONLY bought my Series X for mesh shaders, if they don’t show me mesh shader exclusives what’s even the point of the Xbox, I didn’t buy a noSHADERbox.

8 Likes

You should have bought the slightly larger SeriesX then you could at least chill your beverages…

4 Likes

There is no game yet on console that does 60fps + RT. And even if there was a game you can bet that the RT effect will be very subtle. Just not possible with a $500 box. If you expect that you will be disappointed in all consoles for the rest of the generation.

That said, I would be down for a high end Xbox, as I said many times here. Do a $1000 Box with more horsepower, there is certainly a market for that.

4 Likes

Simple, hyper linear games aren’t even capable of this

A massive game like Starfield with endless systems constantly at work is many times more taxing than any of those

A small game called Fortnite

And RT effects are more then subtle

Fortnite runs on UE5 now and that uses Lumen not RT

4 Likes

Doesn’t Spider Man MM have a RT+60fps mode?

1 Like

Lumen is basically a software implementation of RT, its even hardware accelerated on the consoles.

4 Likes

Lumen’s purpose is to mimic RT

It has similar workload

Won’t argue that it is the same thing but it produces similar results

It does have

Last gen game.

Oh, lots of new replies!

-Boring technical blergh discussion

Aight, nm.

10 Likes

Only for reflections and resolution goes down to 1440p

The technical discussions needs to be in its own thread when the game drops., where folks can complain about no 4K 60 FPS Ray Traced mode to their heart’s content.

6 Likes

I’m not expecting 4K/60/RT/HDR. No way. Maybe Performance RT like Miles Morales and Rift Apart where the resolution is lower and the ray tracing is lower but it still looks great and plays at 60fps.

I don’t see Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5 doing 4K/60/RT/HDR this generation. I see RT this generation similar to HDR last generation. First gen is to check it out, mess around with it all and then next generation will be where RT is far better, far easier to implement correctly and still get 4K/60fps/HDR.

Playing Guardians of the Galaxy now and I notice how much the crew talks to each other, it’s a lot and it’s great. Really makes the whole thing more believable compared to if they were all quiet and only talking when you clicked on them.

Makes me wonder how this will be in Starfield. How improved over Fallout 4 will NPC chatter be when you walk around in a marketplace area? Will your crew members that you can have tag along with you have banter? Will Vasco talk?

Ah, can’t wait to find out.

5 Likes