Starfield |OT| You're Finally Awake... In Space! [NO SPOILERS]

That’s a good idea.

1 Like

Hellblade II.

2 Likes

In respect of launch year I meant… Xbox themselves have not committed to its release year yet

The gameplay was shown Dec 2021, from my expectations it may release by July of 2023. That’s it.

1 Like

Fair enough. I was also expecting Hellblade II to come out in the first half of 2023, but I would imagine the Redfall and Starfield delays pushes that out a bit, maybe to Summer or Fall.

Keeping in mind that NT likely got hit the hardest with covid I’m starting to wonder if it’s a 2023 release at all.

True, but I’d like to think the fact that they were the earliest to show gameplay indicates they will release first (as in before Perfect Dark and Fable, alongside Avowed).

1 Like

we’re all speculating when these games will come out…the truth is we have no idea. Outside of Starfield/Redfall which have been delayed.

We don’t know how far Hellblade 2 is. But i seriously doubt its gonna come early 2023.

Avowed is another game we;ve seen nothing of. Maybe 2023 will be a huge year for Xbox…or not. It might just have redfall and Starfield. Perfect Dark is a question mark too

Man…exploring a Bethesda game with this level of graphics and details?! :scream: :scream: :scream:

My most hyped game in years!!

9 Likes

When I first saw the teaser I didn’t believe it was actually in-game, I thought it looked too good, but the more you look at it the more in-game it seems; the shadows, the rubble, the quality of the DOF, and the draw distance give it away if you look and focus enough, basically they look good but not pre-rendered or in-engine cutscene good.

Also their art design hits hard. Skyrim still looks gorgeous to this day.

5 Likes

10000% Agree

Summary

image image

Goddammit! My desire to replay Skyrim for the 10th time is increasing again!!!

ARRRGGHHH!! just a couple of weeks more to see Starfield lets GOOOO!! (I still cant believe the best rpg makers in the video game industry are under xbox’s roof)

5 Likes

Some people would disagree about them being the best “RPG” makers but they’re definitely the best Bethesda RPG™ makers in the industry.

Hype all you want but don’t expect this to be the gameplay

I know this was posted in one of the other OTs, community maybe, but I thought it belonged here too. Not everyone reads all the posts in those fast-moving threads.

I was surprised to see him not mention Privateer as an influence/inspiration. Ever since I first heard of Starfield I’ve thought of those two games as kindred spirits.

And for the uninitiated, Privateer is a Wing Commander spin-off. Wikipedia describes it like this:

Unlike Wing Commander, the player is no longer a navy pilot, but a freelancer who can choose to be a pirate, a merchant, a mercenary or any of the above in some combination. The player may follow the built-in plot but is free to adventure on his own, even after the plot has been completed.

I remember reading PC Gamer in the months (years?) leading up to its release, and the rhetoric employed was very much similar to how people today are talking about Starfield. That it’s a game about exploration, a high-tech choose-your-own-adventure type of story with a focus on going anywhere and doing anything.

In the end Privateer was a great game, but it didn’t really deliver everything they suggested it would. Although I do think technology may have finally come far enough to live up to a lot of those promises. Can’t wait for Starfield.

8 Likes

Easily my most anticipated game

Do we know if the planets are freely explorable or you can only hop between settlements and fixed zones?

Apparently its completely explorable

1 Like

Starfield is going to be one of those once in a lifetime games.

5 Likes

II think it going to be a great game, they’re going to be bugs since Bathsheba always push their engine to the max there will be bug and I bet only be at 30 fps which will turn off a lot of people, But I learned from Cyberpunk I not going to get to exited.

And I think Starfield will be delayed again since Microsoft is counting on Starfield very heavily. If they do not hit it with Starfield they never get rid of the reparation, there games are not as good as Sony’s and Nintendo’s

Before 2020 yes. After 2021 no (on game quality)

But I agree that xbox will launch the game only when it is ready and not try to just push it

Feels like one of those experiences that we’ll look back fondly in 10 years and think about how we were there when it first dropped.

Maybe Elder Scrolls VI will even be out by then.

1 Like

I can see them offering a performance mode too, so far all XGS games have done so. We’ve had 60fps since day one of XSX launch, a lot of people are used to it now. Todd Howard did say he prefers the best visuals, over framerate but also acknowledged that not everyone would agree with that. I think that more or less implies they will have a mode at 60fps too, or maybe something like what Asobo did with Plague Tale Requiem.

I agree that they obviously want Starfield to knock it out of the park, but at the same time BGS games will always be buggy. Look at Skyrim and how it was pretty much unplayable for several months late last year to like two months ago or so. Unless you bought the latest edition upgrade. At some point you’re just delaying, and you might as well just release it. If it launches like Fallout 4 did that would be fine. Personally had very little issues.

2 Likes