Starfield and Redfall delayed to first half of 2023

Do they need to though? Game Pass aside, Xbox consoles are selling just fine without games :joy: Game Pass won’t grow much, that’s for sure but that’s basically it.

Xbox is slowly pivoting from competing with Sony direct (my games are better than yours) and going Nintendo route but with a bigger scale, where it is enterily different beast altogether.

They’ll definitely have stuff, just not anything that can counter the delay of Redfall and Starfield, they were their big games for the next 6 months

Personally im expecting in terms of exclusive or notable things

1. Forza Motorsport
  2. Goldeneye, it might be old and a lot of people wont care but it will get a lot of attention
  3. Age of Empires 4 for console
  4. As Dusk Falls
  5. Grounded 1.0
  6. FH5 first major DLC
  7. Maybe Pentiment
  8. Maybe Halo’s BR thing

Plus Forge for Halo is supposed to be coming in September which will be a pretty big deal if it ends up as deep as it’s rumored to be

So while it doesn’t replace the 2 delays, they will definitely have plenty of content I feel

Just recall what was the cyberpunk situation

1. Bust on last gen console

2. Bugs on PC build

Bethesda only has to cater the 2 issue. So don’t worry and tell the same to your mate

2 Likes

Yeah, I had a week off. Sucks ass.

If you can afford it, owning both consoles makes gaming a much more enjoyable hobby. The schedules have mostly offset (slow times on one during fast times on the other) and you also don’t have to stress as much about exclusives.

4 Likes

4 Likes

What games exactly? Gran Turismo was a complete fucking travesty of greed and Horizon 2 was forgotten about faster than a child drops a toy after getting a new one. The only of the big 3 killing it this year is Nintendo.

11 Likes

This has been my approach to gaming going back to the Genesis/Snes era. Honestly, seeing people get this riled up and irrational about videogames is depressing and I fear it’s only going to get worse.

1 Like

I can afford the damn console but I can’t find the digital version anywhere in my area. Really frustrating as I do want to play their games lol.

The accumulated dust on my Switch would indicate otherwise. :wink:

I have a PS4 as well, sees a bit more use than the Switch but that is me working through the backlog of exclusives. Things are definitely not better on the other side of the fence lol.

Game Pass is good, lots of smaller interesting stuff to sprinkle in between my backlog games.

2 Likes

Wait a little more and they will be on PC.

2 Likes

I mean, already released Switch Sports, Kirby and Triangle Strategy with Mario Strikers, Mario + Rabbids 2, Live a Live, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, and a Fire Emblem game coming. You can anecdotally state that your Switch is personally gathering dust but that means legitimately nothing. Nintendo by far has the best content pipeline this year. Edited to add that I even forgot both Pokemon games. Nintendo is easily the best publisher this year, content wise.

3 Likes

This isn’t a dunk on Sony or Xbox either, because Nintendo has had plenty of years where they release fuck all as well.

2 Likes

I found another positive to this whole thing! It made the list of Xbox content creators I watch even smaller!

Some absolute embarrassing takes on twitter by Gaz. Used to think the dude was playing a type, but the shit he’s been posting on twitter is making me question it.

3 Likes

I mean it’s all subjective, and in my eyes Nintendo hasn’t released anything this year I was interested in. You might feel they are killing it, which is fine but it’s not The Truth for everyone.

It’s not all about quantity, for me at least. But to each their own I guess.

I can agree with this. Had HFW a few months ago on PS5 and was going to have Starfield in November to even things out but as of now, it’s 1-0. Not expecting GOWR until March 2023. I’m really hoping for Wolfenstein III to be announced at the showcase and release this Fall. It’s what Bethesda did with Wolfenstein II back in June 2017 so hoping for the same here.

Overall, a slow year for me in general. Only three games thus far and my next new game with a release date is Steel Rising in September. Last was Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands. I may not even get 10 games overall this year as so many games on my list were delayed to 2023.

Avatar could be delayed to 2023 but hoping it’s this year. Gotham could always get delayed again since the walkthrough has been mostly negative so I can see them taking more time. Still waiting on Evil West and A Plague Tale Requiem. UGH.

Interesting. I didn’t know that about Wolfenstein 2, so that was a real surprise, nice. We do know from job postings that MG is working on something other than Indiana Jones, but we’ve no idea for how long this has been. Wolf 3 would be an amazing surprise, but I don’t think it will happen.

This year yeah. My switch got taken out twice last year for like a few games at best. Did collect dust as well as year before. Also outside of xenoblade 3 i dont think ill play the switch much. Bayonetta 3 isnt confirmed.

Im sort of in the same boat…got bored of pokemon and im only really now playing aegis rim occasionally. Played the kirby demo and didnt think it was worth 60.

I think my biggest issue with switch is the games are way too expensive for what they are.

On other systems. Half assed mario sports titles would never be 60 bucks.

I love football soccer but if strikers is another half assed contentless game like golf and aces i wont bother. Or maybe ill rent it somehow.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think everyone is trying to have their hot takes out all at once lol

2 Likes