Starfield and Redfall delayed to first half of 2023

I would be fine with that for both games tbh

1 Like

They very likely had prepared something significant to show for the showcase, regardless of the delay, because they didnā€™t know the games were getting delayed. Theyā€™re not gonna delay the deep dives now are they? That seems unlikely. They have something, and theyā€™ll just show it.

1 Like

I am curious if they announced Xbox Showcase knowing about the delay or notā€¦

Maybe internally at BGS but It seems Phil and co only knew when they visited Bethesda (I think a couple of days before the delay announced)

I wonder if it affected their plans.

Weā€™ll find out in a month, lol.

1 Like

They put in their delay announcements both games are having deep dives soon. Why canā€™t some just believe their eyes and not try to twist those words into something else?

6 Likes

It canā€™t not. They have to be looking for some kind of replacement. Itā€™s obviously hard to control game development and push forward some games to release this year, but they probably can cut some great Game Pass deals to offset the delays and give the fans someā€¦ replacement.

Theyā€™ll be having deep dives, it doesnā€™t mean they will be Fallout 4 style though. I think theres a reason they said they are having their first deep dives. There will be additional deep dives, so no need to go in on Starfield for 30 minutes.

1 Like

It all depends on for what reason the game was delayed. The rumors go around about them to fix BGS bugs :joy: Maybe this BGS game wonā€™t need Unofficial Patch anymore (while they were showing demos just fine).

1 Like

Iā€™m not ruling anything out in regards to Starfield releasing November 2023.

Id put money thats what happens. If they would of said Q4 2023 the backlash would of been worse so they said first half and it will slip to Q4 and it will come out and be great. I do think Redfall will release the first half. Would be an awesome febuary game. I just hope xbox finally hits its one game per quarter thing next year they talked about

Redfall I think is about a year away.

You think Indiana Jones announced in 2021 is releasing in 5 years so

1 Like

Mainly because it will release then lol. Indy is very very early.

Edit. I mean you thought Redfall was releasing this year so

I think the game is complete. from a story/narrative perspective. It must be if its been in development for 8 years.

But the actual living breathing world and the engine that runs itā€¦clearly that needs a lot of work

Iā€™d like to think its not that further awayā€¦just needs an extra half a dozen months for polish.

1 Like

People forget that Halo and Starfield and even Redfall to a certain extent are not comparable.

Infinite, I feel, was on the whole quite polished, especially compared to its peers in the genre. Where they faltered was in the post launch content, and as a game designed to be living, that was a problem.

Starfield and Redfall are not GAAS. They are designed to be played front to back, and may get paid or if you are super lucky, free, expansions.

If they need to delay those, they delay them. Nobody gives a shit. Outer Worlds went a year without expansions and dropped one the size of two thirds of the base game.

The big question here is polish, and while I have little doubt Starfield will be buggy (less so Redfall) the degree of buginess is what matters. And I think if 2-7 months means the difference between Launch Cyberpunk and Launch RDR2, then itā€™s well worth the wait.

The biggest hit is to PR and the release schedule, and I really think Xbox botched the rollout of this news, but they have between now and June 12th to communicate to prospective subs, continuing subs and subs stuck in the service for better or worse, that Game Pass can fill the void in other meaningful ways.

I still think they need to fix their release schedule, and I truly suspect it starts next year. Once ABK is on board, thatā€™s at least 2 of their 4 AAA a year, and many will hopefully be exclusive. But for now, I think it comes down to how they play their cards.

As an aside, with Sony barring HP and maybe CoD, Iā€™d try for Avatar. That IP has wide international appeal, itā€™s timely, and itā€™s single player.

4 Likes

Hard to agree but Sony approach worksā€¦ They had like 3 quality games for 2022 from there partner studios last year. It made their dry 2021 look good

If 2-3 games from partner studios hit xbox this year then it will be fine and then offcourse we have Gamepass deals yet to come

Avatar game might be proper shit. Going back to the glory days of garbage movie tier games

I hope so anyway. I cant stand avatar

And halo doesnt have a quality issue. Its well polished it has a features and content issue

Starfield probably the opposite. Plenty of contentā€¦just rough right now and theyre trying to improve the engine.