Starfield & More Xbox Games Nominated For D.I.C.E. Awards

Originally published at: Starfield & More Xbox Games Nominated For D.I.C.E. Awards - XboxEra

The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences recently revealed their awards finalists for their up and coming 27th D.I.C.E. Awards. These 56 titles, selected across the hundreds of games released in 2023, will be awarded for their outstanding achievements in the video game industry—including but not limited to: Animation, Music Composition, Visual Production, and more.

Titles like ‘Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’, ‘Alan Wake 2’, ‘Baldur’s Gate 3’, and ‘COCOON’ have secured multiple nominations. There are, of course, smaller titles like ‘Planet of Lana’, ‘Thirsty Suitors’, and ‘Venba’ who have secured there own spots in their respective categories.

Microsoft also sees some of its own titles selected as finalists as well. The fast-paced rhythm-based action title ‘Hi-Fi RUSH’ has been nominated for the “Outstanding Achievement in Animation”, “Outstanding Achievement in Audio Design”, and “Action Game of the Year”. Bethesda’s latest role-playing title ‘Starfield’ has been nominated for “Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction” as well as the “Role-Playing Game of the Year” award. With ‘Forza Motorsport’ zooming into the “Racing Game of the Year” category, ‘Diablo IV’ also sits in the “Online Game of the Year” award nomination alongside the likes of ‘Call of Duty’.

Winners will be revealed at the 2024 D.I.C.E. Summit on the 15th of February. The awards will be livestreamed by IGN, co-hosted by Greg Miller of Kinda Funny Games and Stella Chung of IGN. Good luck to the winners.

2 Likes

3 things stoodout.

1. Starfield has seemingly been ignored for Music on all these award shows and it puzzles me. Inon Zur killed it imo.

2. An expansion up for RPG of the year is silly, Lies of P for example should easily have that spot.

3. Why is it only Sony and Insomniac not providing info for the actual people up for the awards? That stands out a lot looking at the nominees.

3 Likes