Star Ocean The Divine Force coming to Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One in 2022 (tri-Ace/Square Enix)

Maybe even more, I don’t really trust SE release schedule. XD

1 Like

man, some higher up must really like those doll-like faces. they really need to correct those faces if they want the game to have more appeal imo. otherwise, i think what they showed looked alright.

Yeah the art team and environments are really good imo

Its the weird in game doll faces that let it down

1 Like

Oh didn’t expect an Xbox release. Nice to know the series is coming back to Xbox. How’s SO5? I know they have a character with a design that would make Lila from Atelier Ryza blush.

Oh that looks surprisingly nice. I guess it doesn’t look as Tesco value as I thought but still no budget increase a la Tales of Arise.

The artwork looks really nice but the 3D models don’t translate as well… At least they aren’t as bad than the last two games. I think Infinite Undiscovery and Resonance of Fate weren’t that bad either with the character models.

1 Like

This looks so, so rough.

Give us FF7 Remake on Xbox Square, we need some good fucking food.

2 Likes

Give us ff14 to in 2022, best mmo i’ve ever played.

1 Like

Star Ocean is such a wasted IP. They should be doing something closer to what a Star Trek game would look like. Have some space battles/ship combat/ship RPGs in addition to the exploring planets/traditional stuff. Right now it’s just lower budget FF with a sci-fi theme.

I expect an Xbox release for games that haven’t been money hatted. Also the series x/s is selling out and by the time ps5 reaches 50m sold the xs is projected to sell around 30 to 35. Last gen xbox one was 1/3rd of what ps4 was. Publishers can’t 8gnore the Xbox unless Sony pays then huge check. Sony aren’t going to pay a shit ton of money for lower budget jrpgs anymore. Which is a good thing.

2 Likes

When I first saw the guy standing inside a ship in front of a hologram screen or whatever, I legit thought it was Xenogears remake or something cuz I remember seeing a scene like that in that game when people regularly bring it up as a ps1 era JRPG franchise that needs to return.

Is this a mainline Star Ocean game? This franchise seems to be on the decline. I did enjoy the Star Ocean that came out on the 360.

You’re right, the more it sells the more chances of getting support just like the 360.

Yep 6th mainline game.

1 Like

I think the more important point here is a Tri-Ace game is coming to Xbox.

1 Like

New Star Ocean trailer: