Soul Hackers 2 from Atlus Out Now On Xbox One and Xbox Series!

How did you find out?

I am holding out on Saints Row just in case the same thing happens lol

4 Likes

It’s featured in their promotional video:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/videoplayer/embed/RE52ZLU

I just rewatched it and didn’t see Saints Row. Not necessarily indicative of anything, so take it as you will.

3 Likes

Seems like the game is around 40 hours long, 60 including side stuff. Sounds good to me! Starting to really get excited.

2 Likes

I’ve been holding out for Saints Row but it looks like no love there. :frowning:

If SH2 gets a punchcard and/or gets added to the Summer Spotlight then I’ll preorder. Otherwise I’ll probably wait

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t pre-order anything now until the day before, just in case, I have been stung before

2 Likes

Yeah that’s about what I expected. Standardish length for non-Persona Megaten games. 60 is about what it took for me to do everything in SMTV.

That works for me because I’m playing Xenoblade 3 now and that’s definitely gonna be 100+ hours for me. No way I could juggle two 100+ hour games haha.

1 Like

According to opencritic the Review Embargo lifts 7AM PST tomorrow. A week before launch…which was the case for SMTV too and that game got great reviews

Cannot wait. The marketing has been poor but early reviews being good could help market the game before launch.

4 Likes

that’s perfect length because I don’t want a long RPG like persona 5.

1 Like

New intro trailer. BEST trailer yet for the gsme and the hype now begins. Now were talking. Cannot wait for this game. Easily 2ndnmost anticipated game behind elden ring for me this year. BRING IT ON

https://youtu.be/4PzLz2nepqQ

Persona is about 20 hours longer than it needs to be but those gsmes are heavily social and side quest driven that theyre gonna be longer than mire traditional games like this.

2 Likes

I never got a review copy

1 Like

Reviews are in and theyre good but not great. I sort of expected it. Im happy to see news on good characters and story becuase SMTV had none of that. 78 is solid. A lot of these reviewers hating on dungeon designs which i undestand.

1 Like

That 30 out of 100 is intellectually dishonesty of the highest order.

3 Likes

Decent scores, but mostly critique regarding the dungeons. 70% recommendation score is good, but now I’m not sure if I’ll be playing it day-one. Maybe I’d go for SMT5 (and 4) first and I’ll jump once it hits a first sale.

1 Like

Still going to buy this game, and it should satisfy my Summer games punch card reward.

Smtv i got bored of quick and the performance was annoying. Im playing this day 1 regardless. Looks like throwback to ps2 era atlua games.

Fair point, I’m happy to see Atlus doing more games in general + it should be special since it’s the first Atlus Xbox game in a really long time. Performance on Switch is indeed worth noting while SH2 seems like a pretty well-optimised game.

Day-one it is then :green_heart:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with a 7 in a genre you like

6 Likes

Most likely from a butthurt switch fanboy upset theres no port. So many people throwing this game unde the bus because there isnt a switch port. There might be in the futute with more content. But let us enjoy a jrpg that runs 60fps at least please. I love xenoblade 3. But god damn whenever i dock that game my eyes bleed.

Some of my favorite JRPGs of all time have 70s scores, I never really pay deep attention to reviews for these games. This is basically the score I expected, even (it’s not even a bad score).

I heard the game is pretty much all dungeon crawling. Maybe some reviewers were disappointed it’s not like Persona (Will need to read some of them). I know that’s how some reviewers feel about SMT.

1 Like